Combines PHOTO

Deerebines

Boss351 long time no talk friend. I imagine darcy's neck is pretty sore from all the leaning over the steering wheel to see what he is cutting in that 2388. I never did figure out why deere was the only one smart enough to put a feeder house on that was long enough so the operator could actually use and enjoy the backrest!! Deerebines

allen

i bet deere copied that off of somebody else too i always use the backrest on our combine when i run it better rethink that

Deerebines

No rethinking to it. Who did deere copy it fromIJIJIJIJ They've always had a longer feeder house. I've ran dad's 750 and 860 both and the backrest's in both look like new from leaning forward to see everything. Case is shortcoupled along with gleaner. Cat's I don't know honestly along with new holland's. The 8000 series massey's I'm sure are not a heck a lot different than the old. From pics I've seen anyways. BEsides to strengthen my case (no pun intended) go to the caseIH site and look what the fellow's have been complaining about.........BACK PAIN from a short feeder house. Not my words......just what I read Regards

SilverTurnedGreen

Deere started using extended feederhouses with the introduction of the 9000 series. CAT's are every bit a long, if not longer. The New Holland TR88 I operated for 2 days did not have a lengthy feeder, although it didn't seem too bad to operate. My Gleaner C62 seems to have a short feederhouse, although it too isn't too bad to operate. The combine is of a lower profile than most machines.

allen

well deerbines deere has copied about everything from somebody so i figure they had to copy it from somebody. we run an 8570 MF and i can see both sides of the platform and it is a 25ft and an 8row corn head and ican always sit back in hte back rest

Deerebines

deere has copied about everything from somebody so i figure they had to copy it from somebody. Now who needs to rethinkIJ I don't knock your massey's allen. Pop's ran them as long back as I can remember and other than breaking down all the time they're not a bad machine. I just like climbing into the cab and cutting all day without worries about having downtime. Take care

allen

well my guess is he never took care of it i know people that had massey and never took care of them but when they got a deere or something else they suddenly took care of them they said massey was junk so and deere has copied a bunh of stuff no matter what u say

Deerebines

Allen Pop bought the 750 brand new and it was a joke from the beginning. You tell me how in the heck in the first year not taking care of it can be responsible for an entire load of bolt's just plain missing and more falling outIJ I've always said and will always beleive the death of massey was lack of quality control. They were building them and folks were buying them and they didn't care. What happenedIJ Folks got smart and quit buying them and massey went tit's up. Why did alot of folks quit buying themIJ Simple........they did not stand up. I have heard so many horror stories from the fellows around here about the massey's it's not even funny. True, all breeds have their lemons. I won't argue that fact, and in all honesty the massey is a fair machine, but when you have continuous downtime and a storm on the way enough is enough! The 860 we did buy used. The old fellow that had it before us was a skinflint we've come to the conclusion because of quick fixes here and there. We are slowly getting the bugs out of it but there have been some repairs made simply because of poor engineering. The most recent coming to mind is the fuel tank about to fall of because of the extreme vibrations of that machine. WE caught it in time because we had been warned by some owners of 760's that weren't as fortunate and wondered why the combine quit running.......it quit because the tank was laying in the field 5 feet behind the machine. As far as taking care of the machine dad's 750 is an 80 model and has had maticulous care given to it. It's been shedded it's entire life except when harvesting and get's a thorough cleaning every year after harvest. I"m talking he even diesel fuel's the chain's to clean the residue oil off from lubricating them and then wash. Perhaps I can email you some pics. I think you would be impressed with the shape of this machine for the work it's done and the work we've had to do to it. lack of care was not an issue in this equation. Poorly designed engineering is to blame....PERIOD. As for Deere and their copying. I agree. I've seen alot of things that deere copied and there's no denying it but as for the feederhouse length give credit where credit's due. Green designed it and it's a definite welcome. Take care

allen

send them pics on my way and all models do have lemons i agree but i just know people that have had a massey before deere or case had anything good and when they got their new combine they went ot hating massey's and we asked how much trouble did u have with it and most of them said they didn't have none but they just went to another brand and since massey don't ahve enough dealers if they had dealers around there would be more masseys that is a fact but they don't so they don't have a good combine market

Deerebines

Allen You are more than correct when you mention the part about dealer scarcity. I would venture to say that is a great deal why cat does not have any more machines out than the handful you do see or hear about. As for the massey's.....I'll never contend with anyone about thier performance combining a crop. Dad and me both checked behind his 860 this last year and my 9600 and we really couldn't tell alot of differnece. One time it looked like the massey was throwing more and the next time the deere. All in all we stayed pretty close. Where I passed him was when he'd have daily breakdowns and while repairing I'd still be cutting away.......at least until it was a major breakdown like the straw spredder shaft breaking.....then I shut down to help him fix it, Or, the day the hydralic oil cooler decided to crack and blow oil all over heck. That repair job sucked! BTW......what's your email addyIJ I've got some pics from years past.....This summer I'll see if I can get some more recent one's taken and have them posted. Take care