Combines 860 cleaner

Goober

Is this an April Fools jokeIJ I don't know how well that will work. You won't be able to auger the grain in very fast because the shaker pan under the walkers is too flat to shake the grain ahead very quickly. You will never be able to achieve the capacity of the machine. It may work but it will be slow. If it does clean the grain to satisfaction I suggest you go out and buy an old 750 or 760 and strip it down to the cleaning shoe and power it with an electric motor. This way you won't put any wear on the rest of that very valuable machine. let me know how you make out. I have been considering making a cleaner out of a 750 for years. Here in Canada I can buy a used 750 for 3-5000 dollars depending on condition.

greyhawk

Goober is spot on , If you auger in over the walkers MOST of the grain will come scootin out the back off the grain tray I tried that one. That 860 is a good enough machine to get an air seeder sample in the field first time over if you set it up properly. Us poor old Aussies have to do that all the time or the elevator wont recieve our grain at all. You can put a couple of mesh screens in front of the bottom amd middle seives. It will do the job , we have done this stuff with a late model 760 . If you have to reprocess the grain then you are going to have to put it in the feederhouse with an auger.