Combines 750 gone 8560 about to arrive

Deerebines

Old 750 7000 hoursIJ!IJ!IJ!IJ Sheesh.....how much did you have to pay them to haul it offIJ I've never in my life heard of that many hours on a massey in these parts. 3 to 4000 tops here. Just out of curiosity what all do you harvest thereIJ Deerebines

Deerebines

I take that back.....there is one big corporate farmer here that has about 4 white rotory's and one with the massey paint and logo on the side of it. The oldest of the 5 has over 10,000 hours my ex-father-in-law told me couple years ago. They have a complete machine shop and spend the winter rebuilding them from the ground up. They make almost all the parts themselves that they can. Other than that I know of no other combines with that many hours. These folks farm land from where they live to almost 100 miles west. They drive the combines from home out to where they cut and clear back every year. Wheat, soybeans, corn, milo, and sunflower's they harvest. Deerebines

johnboy

high hours on combines are not unusuall here in australia. a fair few 750s,760s,7720,8820s have over 6000 hours on them. we have a 86' model 850 with 5000 hours on it and its still going strong although our gleaners do most of the contract work we use the 850 for those who want to bale the straw.if massey had made a newer version we would have replaced it but that won't happen.john

Deerebines

I always thought that at 3000 hours a machine has pretty well been run the course. I guess live and learn. Deerebines

johnboy

maybe it has to do with the type of crops you harvest deerebines that you don't get the hours out them. if you're on the ground a lot that dirt seems to wear the gear out fast. john

MF8780Man

Good Choice. We have a selection of Massey combines since we've farmed, had a 760,750,2-860's,and 8570. We just got rid of the 8570 this year and getting a 8780. The 8560 you got will be a awsome machine for you. We loved our 8570 (which is just like the 8560 but a little bigger) very much. We had a 750 and a 860 traded off for the 8570 because we always wanted a rotary, and plus we needed a machine you didn't have to worry about. That's what we got a macine that we didn't have to do a thing to. We ran it for the past 2 years and haven't did a thing to it.(except put fuel in it) This year we decied to go a step further and get a 8780 which is a little bit bigger than the 8570. The 8780 has the biggest cab in the industry right now.(let me just say the cab is AWSOME!!!) We looked at caseIH too and those combines didn't impress us much no cleaning capacity at all. Could go all day long talking about Massey's because we love them so much had Massey's ever since I was born 23years ago. We wouldn't trade our Massey's for anything but another Massey. I hope and very sure you will like your 8560. We borrowed a John Deere combine 1 time and we couldn't get it back fast enough!

Teemo

There is a long history of Massey on our farm,26,82,410,510,750,860,8570.The 8570 was the shortest lived though.For what new combines cost these days I was disapointed with this machine,lacking power in tough conditions,poor threshing in spring wheat,time consuming serviceability,fire balls with flax straw,annoying little breakdowns too numerous to mention,lack of dealer pre-delivery and service,questionable quality of the machine itself,small fuel tank or bad fuel efficiency ,need I say more.The 860 was a better engineered machine for its time than some current equipment is today.Not intending to rain on anyones parade here,possible to have lemons in every color,too bad it had to cost 150K to find out, so it got traded for a deere for quite a few K more.Maybe we do get what we be paying forIJWishing OlD 750 success with your upgrade.

cutter2388

well massey man its good to see someone has as much faith in your harvester as you do. It sounds like you have very good luck with them. I feel the same as you do with your masseys as I do with my Internationals now CaseIh you could say. My family has run the red harvesters