Combines 760 Massey Owners

AJTIII

I've got a v8 hydro 760, 1977 model. I pulled my radiator and made sure it had proper flow. Made sure the rotating fan had a good seal to the radiator housing area. Made sure the rubber seal on the housing wasn't torn. Made sure the teflon tape was installed on the rotating drum so it made proper contact with the rubber seal because if it doesn't it will tear the seal up. Made sure the compartment between the rotating drum and the radiator was sealed tight. It seems just a little corn chaff up on the radiator surface would cause overheating. I installed a coolant recovery jug like on late model cars and trucks and that helped keep the coolant in the system. Is your hydro cooler in front of the radiator or on the right side of the motor compartmentIJ let me know, good luck.

kidroff

I have an electric cooling fan on the right side of the motor.

Old_Farmer

had over heating trouble in my 860 had the rad recored seems OK now.The cost of the recore was about 1000 dollars CDN.

855man

The shaft that the screen rotates on is probably worn down so far that the cage will not seal properly. I have had this problem before