Combines 8780XP

• Thread starter SilverTurnedGreen
  • Start date

SilverTurnedGreen

The "XP" stands for "X-Tra Power", and the difference between the two machines is that the 8780XP power bulges to 305 horsepower. I've also been told that the XP version has beefed-up hydraulics, in addition to other minor changes over the previous model; - it's the same basic machine though. I'll have one running alongside my Deere 9610 and Gleaner C-62 next week, in addition to a Gleaner R-62. Should be interesting!

Brian

So what about the C-62's, did they increase the power on them tooIJ

SilverTurnedGreen

I don't believe Gleaner increased the power in the C-62's, but they should. To my knowledge, their still putting out about 265 horsepower, but they should be putting out closer to 300.

Tank

STG I read in one of your earlier post you live in Ontario and I was wondering whereIJ I would like to see your demo if time and distance alowwed and you wouldn't mind a specator or two.

Massey_Man

You will the really appreciate the simple design of the 8780,a TR99 is a big combine but a little more complex with many more moveing parts,the 8780 is a very impresive machine.

J

I own a 8570, the precurssor to the 8780. Very simple machine to operate and maintain, the dealer I bought mine from runs both the NH and Massey on their own farm and they prefer the massey for its simplicity and ease of service.

Ilnewholland

Being a NH fan why are you thinking of making a move to MFIJ What problems do you have with the TR99IJ I do not see any thing worng with Massy combine but here in my area there is no massy dealers very close.

mx270

I farm 12,000 Acres of corn and soybeans run 8 combines 4 CIH 3 JD and one NH the thing is that all the machines have over 1000 hours on them and my new holland has holes wore through the cheap tin in numerous palces which i have never seen that in any of other machines besides the usual things

John

I can understand that, I have a neighbor that has a 3yr old TR88 that is stock, 6-30 CH and 16' Flex and NO bin extensions and his machine is breaking welds everywhere and has cracked the frame. Nice level land too and he had a TR70 since 1979 until this machine and it was built better. He is not real pleased with this newer NH either. My 19 yr old Gleaner shows less wear and tear with 3000 more separator hrs on it, he does take very good care of his equipment.

Ilnewholland

I had NH TR70,95,96,97, and now TR98 and have put up to 3000 hrs on some them and have not any welds break or any holes in tin work. I think they are some of the most relieable combines and strongest made. I know they are made stronger than gleaner or CIH. I wish you luck with your MF.