Combines 8780 vs 8790 IJ

Goober

I believe the model you are refering to is actually a 8590. They were the White9700 model with a few MF upgrades. I don't know a lot about the machine they were assembled in Cambridge Ontario, Canada in the Vicon assembly plant. When Massey went bankrupt in Brantford Ont. Vicon bought the rotary combine tecnology and teamed up with linimar of Guelph Ont. and Moved all the tooling out to Portage la Praire Man. and set up shop with Western Combine Corp. to assemble the machines out there but the 8590 was discontinued because it was considered too big. A few 8590's were built in Cambridge though. I don't know how many but when Vicon closed up shop in Cambridge they had a fire sale on left over inventory, ( hay tools, sprayers, and misc) and I picked up a poster that I have in my office in the shop of a MF8590. It reads: Massey has unleashed a new.......... a rotary combine with the largest capacity in the world. If you check further back in this general directory someone has talked about them before.