Combines concave removal 750

Deerebines

Craig Been several years since I helped my dad with his but what a Pain in the arse it was. I still remember points about it. First off.....don't screw around with rebuilt concaves. They cannot get the hard surfacing even clear across from one side to the other and you will find when you are harvesting that you will have some grain in the head and some in the tank that's ground up. I would suggest New one's or a set out of a salvage machine that you know only had a few hours on it. If your only part time with this machine chances are a used set with a little more than half life will last you a long time.....then again this job sucks and you may just want to put in brand new so you don't have to do it again. The rock trap has a square shaft though it.....this is a royal b***h to get out. When going back together we ended up taking the torch and cutting the opposite end of where we started though with it to get it all lined up (I think).....Beats me why we did it now......I was only about 13 at the time we did this project. Perhaps, once you get started you'll find out why. That is about all I can remember.....the rest escapes me. I would definitely talk to a MF mechanic if at all possible before starting so you know what all you need to do. Wasn't much imfo but all I could think of for the moment. Good luck......Your going to need it! Have a good one

Old_750

I did this 3 years ago. It was a tough job. While I was at it I changed every bearing from the straw walkers forward so I hope I don't give you too much info.