Combines 8680

Agco_Guru

Been Selling quite a few 8680's in this area.... they are a hell of a conventional combine, our experience puts them somewhere between a R62 and R72.

Massey_Man

Hello John,I have not seen both of them in the same field but I believe the 8680 is quite a bit bigger.I know from personal experiance that the Massey 8460 has a lot more capacity than the 2188 and I'm told that the 8680 is bigger than the 8460.What part of the country are you fromIJ

John

From southern alberta.We traded a 8460 on the 1688 and would rate them equal in capacity but in servicing we like the IH

SilverTurnedGreen

Hello John! I run a Deere 9610, but just recently traded my aging N6 on a C62; - the silver twin to an 8680, so I've had the luxury of running both machines side-by-side! So far, I would have to say that the Deere marginally excells the Gleaner in all crops, except for corn. Servicability is comparable with both machines, as is dependability. The C62 (8680) seems a little underpowered, but performs better in corn than the Deere, especially high-moisture corn.

SilverTurnedGreen

Hello Onion Farmer, I have the silver-twin to the 8680 (Gleaner C62) and I am quite happy with it, but not elated! In corn or beans the machine is great, but I've continually had trouble throwing grain over the walkers in small grains, especially barley. I've tried concave mods, but to no avail; - the 128" walkers lay too flat within the machine, as far as I'm concerned, and this is the machines biggest deficit. Slowing down 1_2 mph solves this problem, but the machine is still no comparison to my Deere 9610. (I have both machines)

hv_user

I have only heard one other person say anything about this combine, they said the same exact thing.

SilverTurnedGreen

It seems to be the ONlY problem with the machine, otherwise the C62 is a fantastic combine. Gleaner dealers can say what they will, but moving that cylinder back into the body of the combine (like an "R" series rotary) has cost them the ability to lenthen the walkers, and this is the only deficit I can find in the combine. My Deere 9610 will "smoke" the C62 on hills, but on level fields the C62 will almost keep-up with the Deere, and for less money!

gumballgrain

well they work good on toping the onion but digging them is hard on the knife, the cylinder doesn't seem to like dirt going through it, the screens always plug up with dirt, and the onions get shattered and ground up pretty good but If you find a market for minced onions it don't work out to bad. My customers say they apprieciate me saving them the labor costs of chopping, so I have to say it's done a pretty good job for me. One other thing you might want to do is put a liner from a dump truck in the grain hopper to solve the problem of the onion pieces from sticking to the walls of the tank. P.S. wear goggles the fumes are hard on the eyes!

northernfarmer

went to a Massey combine clinic yesterday, sounds like they have found a cure for throwing over the walkers. They are speeding up the back beater. One farmer that was at the clinic said he was doing 4.5 mph with a 36 ft draper header in 50 bushel wheat, he had very little loss. Must be happy just traded off his 2188 for the second 8680. Maybe you should get in touch with Massey and get the details.