Combines changing drivebelts

Zig

Replacing the drive belt is quite a job without the right tools. You need to make a channel iron tool about 4 ft long and 2 or 3 inches wide. You need to make a hook on one end and a chain on the other. The hook end will hook onto the pivot area of the double drive belts, and the chain end will be fastened to the handle on the front side of the cab. You use it to hold the pulleys up when you loosen up the long tension springs. Then you can roll the pulleys out in order to replace the belts.

combine_mama

The gizmo Zig describes to change the drive belt works very well. I have seen a diagram of this somewhere.....Perhaps the shop manual. If not, your Massey dealer should be able to help you out.

rf

If you have a traction drive system replace both belts both upper and lower. If it is a hydro that is not relevant.

GATOR

I AM WORKING ON THE SIlVER CAB 750 FOR TOOlEMAN,MY OlDER BROTHER. I HAVE THE IDlER PUllEYS FOR THE VARIABlE SPEED(TRACTION DRIVE)ASSEMBlY OFF OF THE MACHINE. THEM THINGS ARE HEAVY!I HAVE AREADY FIGURED TO USE A CHERRY PICKER TO ASSIST IN REPlACING THEM IN THE CHANNEl. THE THE (RUBBING) THAT HE IS REFERRING TO IS JUST AN IMPROPER ADJUSTMENTON THE IDlER SHAFT AllOWING THE PUllEYS TO BE PUSHED UP TOO HIGH WHEN THE PUllEYS ARE RAISED INTO TOP POSITION THUS AllOWING THE lOWER BElT IDlER TO RUB THE SMAllER SPROCKET BEHIND THE ElECTRIC HEADER SWITCH. CAN THIS BE CORRECTED BY ADJUSTING THE lIMITING ROD BEHIND THE IDlER ASSEMBlYIJ THANX!