Combines 750 header height control

old_750

check the magnetic reed switches at the right end of the head and at the same time make sure the sensor shaft is rotating the metal plate that activates the switches. This "paddle " is between both switches when in the neutral position. If it is in one switch, the head will go up, in the other switch the head will go down. Also, it could be the "latching" relay in the header height control module. In the early 750's these were under the cab near the brake pedals. The later models were in the firewall near the cylinder speed adjusting crank ( I think). It is not uncommon for the sensor pads to appear free and moving but they aren't. A sensor paddle could be saying " lift" which if I remember correctly is overridden by the thumb switch. When the thumb switch is not depressed this sticking sensor again takes control and lifts the head. Good luck, this can be frustrating

JJS

I had a similar problem last year, My problem was the activation relay. I was able to take the cover off the relay and clean rhe points inside.