Combines 8590

tj

A bad rotor drive belt could cause vibration which would cause cracking, if left long enough. Not likely that the rotor shaft would be bent, however. You should look at the rotor, though. If a stripper mount on the rear of the rotoris crushed or has pieces missing this would cause the same problem. If there's a chopper installed, I would probably look at it first. It sounds like it might be throwing stuff back at the machine--worn hammers will do this, and can be very badly imbalanced. Hope this helps.

Russ

I agree, the chopper could be out of balance. Check if the chopper shaft is still straight and then install new knives and spin-balance the chopper rotor assembly. Check the chopper drive belts and pulleys. Intermittant slippage will cause the chopper rotor to wear unevenly and accelerate the wear on the knives which causes an imbalanced condition sooner.

ski_whiz

MF 8590 was only produced for one season, they built 100 of them. It is the brother to the White 9700 combine and from what I've heard it's not a very good unit. Friends of ours had a White and said it was a nightmare. These rotarys have come a long ways from those days. Don't know too much else about this model.

lee_W

We have bee running a 9700 Since 1982, we have done the 9720 updates and it has been a very reliable combine. We also run a 8590. The 9700 is a 1980 model approx 4000 hrs.

Harvester

Yes! Provided the hours are reasonable these machines are still a great investment. People worry about parts, but I don't have any trouble finding them through AGCO or other aftermarket suppliers.

swtvid

JW we have 8570 not 4wd that has 14.9_26 on the back, I have not been around 8590 is the rear axle the same as 8570. Did the dealer say why the combine needs to be level for best performanceIJ Not much help Dee

northernfarmer

JW: dealer raised my 8570's a$$ end said it would allow the chaffer to do a better cleaning job....I don't know if it has but must combines of every make have the rear end raised...The Deere guys were putting oversized tires on the back to help raise their machines...Neil

In Reply to: 8590 posted by JW on October 21, 2006 at 22:15:25: I've got 18.4-26s on the rear with 18.4-46 dualls on the front of my 8590. Runs level and goes through a lot. luckily didn't need it thus far this year. Good luck

mlappin

Be careful how much u raise the rear of machine, we have 16.9-26 on rear and 18.4-38 on front. Sometimes have problwm getting corn head off of head cart, may have to even find low spot for head cart to sit in or high spot for combine.