Combines 860 overheating

parky

Just another view on this overheating, if the radiator core is fouled up badly internally then I would suspect your entire motor block is also suffering the same fate. The next will scored cylinder and warped valves. I would certainly consider getting a firm that does caustic flush work and have them do the whole system without having to turn wrenchs in the heat!! This is a good wakeup call for me anyway and I will checking for internal core fouling. Good luck, and having redid the fan cooling shaft bearings recently I agreeeee with the space problems.

Shadow

make sure your rad isn't getting plugged with chaff.I have to clean ours out every other day.Also make sure it is actually overheating I've change the gauge on ours twice and the sending unit a couple of times. good luck

jhoag

I wonder if there is a radiator that has wider fins. I wonder if that would help get all the chaff through the radiator. I did put a new sending unit in also, but no guage.

hv_user

Back about 15 years ago I got in to 760 v8 that was getting hot.We did every thing you could think of radiator ,water pump ,thermostats made no diferance. I was talking to an old freind of mine who has been around Masseys forever. He said go take the injection pump off and have it gone through. If it had been anyone else I would not have listened. I got the pump back put it on and it worked . If you do this make sure you take it to someone knows what they are doing. An I still can't get it in my head why it worked. good luck By the way I have radiater for 760 any one can have it its in washington state 509 525 6827

narrow_row

Had same problem with 750. No one could figure it out! Bought a new radiator cap and it stopped overheating.

Shadow

Wider fins may result in overheating even worse because there is not as much heat transfer to the fins.If someone you know has a hand held infrared temp sensor borrow it and check the temp by your thermostat housing that should give you a reasonably accurate temp.Check at your local garage they might have one. good luck

Old_Farmer

When mine was overheating I pulled the Rad as a last ditch effort. It was toast the fins had rotted away. The machine had less than 1500 hours on it. Had a local rad shop redo it with a premium core, no more over heating even in 100 degree weather doing 90 bushel_acre wheat. I had also installed a mechanical heat gauge on the out put pipe from the rad. You can than see the temperature difference comming back out of the rad

jhoag

I will probably do this. Along with the manual guage, I had a manual guage on my 760. Thanks. P.S. What does your machine run as an average tempIJ In high heatIJ Thanks.