Combines paint

Aussie_JR

Have had that experience. The paint is not as a smooth a finish than the shining steel. But the paint is better than a rusty surface. May I suggest a very thin coat of paint on the surfaces that need to be smooth, so that it takes only a short time to wear off.

rod

I usually coat the table and auger where the paint is worn off with a rust inhibitor or diesel fuel before storage. I soak a rag and wipe the metal. It helps stop the rust. I agree that shiny metal feeds better than paint or rust.

guru

trust me do not paint the floor pan use a rust inhibiter so it shines up fast or u will be cursing ur self later

swede

Here's what I did a few years back on a head that I bought used and needed repainting.I told the paint guy not to paint the floor because it was cruddy and rusty.He accidently painted it anyway.So I painted over the red with graphite paint,and it buffed up like glass after the first round in the field.Since that paint is soft,it started wearing through gradually to the red,and then gradually through to the metal.Shined up each layer as it wore through. In your case,I would coat with oil the areas you don't want a heavy coat of paint to stick to,paint everything,and the floor area will take care of itself next harvest.

mickman

Ever put grease over the decals before you paintIJ A very thin layer of grease over the areas you want to peal off would work just as well. Grease would be better than oil as it will stay in place better and not mix as easly with the paint while the paint dries. Mick

colwood

I use a hand sprayer and spray down the bare metal with diesel fuel. Works great and you don't have to handle rags and risk getting it on your cloths.