Combines TR85

tj

You need to inspect the threshing concaves in front, and the rear separation grates. If the machine has more than about 1200 hours on it (and I suspect that it does),they are probably rounded on the leading edges of the crossbars and won't retard material flow properly in order to separate grain. Also check the augers on the front of the rotors for roundness and worn down diameter. If they're not feeding properly, material has to build up more than it should in order to be fed to the threshing area. This causes mild slugging in front of the rotor bar mounts--you probably won't feel it and the tach probably won't react much, but grain can't get to the concave surface to separate. Hope this helps.

ClIPPER

THIS MACHINE HAD NEW CONCAVE AND ROTOR UPDATES FROM ST JOHN'S WElDING.

James

The TR 85 is a sensational machine. Here in Australia were in a paddock with a l2 and were were stripping about 3 tonnes an hour more!

JD

On them, you had the choice of 2 motors....3208Cat non-turbo or a 6 cylinder Ford Turbo. We always had the Cat's and had great service out of them. If the batteries would turn it over she would start first turn, if the fuel was there no matter the temp! Had your choice of a straw spreader or a chopper, with the amount of hours your looking at I would go with the spreader if so equipped. Variable speed feeder or fixed drive, I'd lean towards the fixed, again an hour thing. But mainly , I would look for the one that appeared to be least abused no matter what motor or elseIJ Make sure you get all the concave extensions and screens if possible cause that could get to be some pricy have to have's! Also check to see if one may have updated "S Qubed" rotors, the rasp bars on it are split into 6 sets on each rotor in a spiraled effect, whereas the old style had just 2 sets of longer, straight rasp bars that run with the rotor. Many more items related to your questions, these are the ones I thought of quickly. JD

tj

I have some experience setting up these machines for rice. What questions do you haveIJ email if you want.

weber

I have a late 1983 model tr-85 in very good shape I would have to go to the shop and check the hours again but I think it is less then 1800 engine hours. I dont have a flex head or a corn head for it but it does include a dummy head with a belt pickup and a 22' rigid head. E-mail me for more details if you are interested...