Combines New Holland TX Range

colin

I live in scotland in the uk and i hear reports that the TF78 will do up to 40t_hr in winter barley (which is good considering how much straw that crop produces. And claas only seem to claim 40t_hr for the 480 in wheat. then again i've never driven one so what do i know.

Frank

In Germany, we had no problems with our TF 78 electra to beat every Claas.

Martin

What speed did you run your tf at. and what was the yield .yes it's fine when the goings good but what about when your crop is damp and the straw is heavy it's not so fast then.

luke

Do you know any news about new rotary New HollandIJNew holland dealers sayd it will be the first in the wordl !!What do you think IJ

Frank

Hi Martin. Sorry have been on holiday. It was a TF 78 electra, 7,32m table

colin

How are you doing martin, it must be great for those that farm in germany being able to go on holiday in the middle of the summer. We had a 480 on demo last week and it was the dogs dangly bits, auto-steering and everything, roughly the same experience as you regarding output 50-60t_hr. Went to see a CTS today (9_9_99) and while it may have the same output as a 480 it's like it just came out of the ark, the cab and controls are very american, no finesse at all, and you had to get out to adjust the sieves, how can you then fine tune the machine for maximum output. We also had a TF78 on demo and while it would do 40t_hr in wheat (23% MC, with green straw),it then proceded to do precisely 0t_hr in the field of spring barley next door as the straw bridged between the rear impeller thingy and the chaff spreader as it was slightly green and would not bounce off the deflector (we weren't chopping),it burnt off a belt in the process and no warning lights came on so it was then choked from front to back. I was not impressed!!! So I left it for the demo guy to sort out and he said the next day that they swing the chaff spreader out of work in spring barley straw, SO WHAT THE HEll IS THE POINT OF HAVING A SODDING CHAFF SPREADER THEN!!!!! Anyway to cut a long story short the 480 has my vote so far.

Martin

Hi Colin Have you seen my reply in the class talk on the 8xl we tried . speak to you more when ive more time as ive just got in . Have you finished cutting yetIJ

colin

Yes martin we've more or less finished bar 20 acres of linseed (patience is needed now) 11_9_99. Wheat were amazing up to 4.5 t_acre. However hagbergs of Rialto were crap 70-150.