Combines hydrostat problem

wizard

Have you changed your drive belt,May have high and low spots in your belt.

rotorbreeze

completely rebuilt seperator clutch with all new bearings and have replaced the main drive belt twice and still experienced a broken shaft. Have not been able to identify any harmonic vibrations that were out of the ordinary. I am a helicopter and airplane pilot and A@P mechanic so I adapted some of our helicopter vibration analytical equipment to check vibrations on all rotating parts on the machine. Needless to say the machine is exceptionally smooth. My rotors are balanced to one fourth of a gram and I have a rotor vibration level of less than 0.004 ips (inch per sec).

wizard

Tr 95's weren't the best for their hydro's ,but never encountered really anything quite like this

rotorbreeze

Thanks Wizard for your interest in helping me with this problem! How is the TR96 pump and motor different from the 95IJ I dont have access to a hardness tester unless I send the shaft off which might be the best option anyway. Interesting that you should note the troubles with the 95s. We have owned this one since new and it has been a relatively trouble free machine. I will admit to wearing out a lot of parts though as we are approaching 4500 hrs. Believe it or not we are still on the original 3208 and have had no problems other than one water pump.

wizard

Sorry i did not have time yet to follow up with changing the hydro pump yet. will work on your problem this weekend and figure something out for you.