Combines TR 96 corn settings any adviceIJ

Tank

I have never run a TR but on our 2366 I run the bottom seive completely open, I would take it out if it wasn't such a big job. With the lower seive closed to muh it does two things, first it over loads the return elevator causing rotor loss and secondly it reduses airflow the top seive causing grain to "sluff" off the back of the cleaning system. We do all the cleaning with the top sieve in corn the lower sieve is more for cleaning out unthrashed heads and pods which don't happen in corn. This works for me in the red ones hopefully it helps you with your TR.

GJS

I would also open the cleaning sieve some. The other thing I would do is drive faster, we used to always go 5mph with our TR-96 unless the corn was wet. You didn't mention the moisture of the corn, that can make quite a differance.

agmechanic

Do you have a split sieveIJ If you do, you want to open the front portion almost wide open to get more air blast to lift the light material and blow it out the back.you will also want to open your bottom sieve up some. Also have you done a kill stall as shown in the operators manual to see if the crop is spead across the grain pan, you may have to adjust the deviders under the concaves to leve the material on the pan.

IAFarmer

Our corn is DRY! Between 14 and 16% today. I sped up to 5.5 - 6 mph and it seemed to help. I think that getting more material in the rotor helped it shell better. I didn't mention that I'm only running a 4 row wide head. I did some more fooling around with the sieves, too. and that might have helped a little. I'm going to try opening up the front one a little more tomorrow. I closed the concave down some more yesterday, but had to open it back up today. I still wasn't getting too many pieces of cob in the bin, but that dry corn was cracking. I'm now in a field of mixed red and white cob corn. The white cob yields better, but the cob is rubbery and tough to combine. Thanks for the advice- send any more that you may have!