Combines Problems with Air Conditioing

nel

Yes I am from manitoba canada and I have tr98 combines I lifted the roof on the cab to see if there was a problem and found there was some restictions in front of the air con.rad they were very dirty and it was not dust it was a combination of dust and moistor which turned into mud and was very hard to clean out.It helped for about a week and it was starting to slow down again.hope the company is can cure the problem.nel

HCT

Check rite above door hinge under the roof to see if it sealing there. Rite in frt of the air filter is a jut and sometimes the foam on the roof liner does not come out far enough, you can tell by the marks on the liner. This allows dirt to enter in the fan and plug up. A small chunk of foam glued in helps seal it. 3_4 of the TR's have this problem. Hope it helps

IAFarmer

the compressor on my machine wasn't working when I got it. it ended up being an easy fix: the high pressure cut off switch was bad. located on the end of the compressor, it unscrews from a fitting that looks like a tire valve. have a new one ready to go on because the freon leaks out when the switch is unscrewed. you can check to see if the switch is bad by just bypassing it in the electrical connection (about 6" away from the switch). the guy told me to check that AFTER I determined that the relay behind the seat was good.