Combines ClaasIJIJIJIJ and CatIJIJIJIJ

herve

ClAAS make combines for CAT, first in Germany and now in USA. Also, before CAT sold itself the Challenger in Europe, but now Challenger tractors are painted with ClAAS colors and sell by Claas. Agco build the combines in danemark at Randers for the conventionnal. They are sell by Massey (gray and red) or by FENDT (green and grey). I think you can see them on the official site of AGCO (agco.com but i am not sure) A+ herv (from France)

JHEnt

Many more than 6 years ago Massey did in fact sell a couple of Class made models. They did not go over very well and the dealers basiccally had to camp out at the farm for as long as the warrentee was in effect. That is I suppose why CAT now delivers a pallet full of parts to whoever accually buys a new CAT combine. They know of Class's reputation for reliability.

John

We owned a 8460MF(ClAAS) put 1890hrs on it with out any major breakdowns. A nieghbor had a yellow combine and he needed to own his own machine shop. The 8460 has good capacity ran it even against tr96 in spring wheat and threw less out the back.

JHEnt

A local dealer sold some of the first MF_Class build machines. They were so problematic that they had to get the company to buy them back. Because the dealer stood with the customers and tried to satify them they ended up loosing their MF dealership contract. Massey shipped the machines off to the plains states. Sometime later it was heard back that those machines never made a week solid in the field. Massey would not stand behind their warrentee here locally or at the dealers out west.