Combines Kiwi TF 44 Header Flotation Part 3

Kiwi

Jamie You are starting to test me. If this keeps going, I may have to go where no man has gone before!!!!! At least not this Kiwi inside a TF44. You didnt tell me whether the over ride button is working properly or whether you found the header start to rise while pushing down on the header height switch and adjusting the relief valve to full pressure. This is the key test to whether you have flotation working and set right. You can test it to a certain degree without the header on the machine. With the rocker switch set on pressure, lower the straw elevator. When the elevator is lowered to the position where the pressure system trips in, the hydraulic system will start to hunt in that it will lower then raise over about 50mm repeatedly. The next thing to check may be the micro switch operated by the connecting rod that runs from near the top of the straw elevator into the cab. Take the seat out including the box it mounts on. In behind it you will find three micro switches. One operates the stubble height control and is adjusted by the small knob beside the seat. From what you say this one is working OK. One is non-adjustable and kicks in at the end of lift. The third trips in the pressure control when the header is two thirds of the way down. The switch is relatively small and has a lever with a small roller on the end that is tripped as a block on the control rod moves. Check this switch. If its not working properly the header compensation will not trip in. It could be a faulty switch or something as simple as rats chewing through the wire. (Rats in this area can be a real problem and I am only just finding out how to keep them out).

Kiwi

Jamie You are starting to test me. If this keeps going, I may have to go where no man has gone before!!!!! At least not this Kiwi inside a TF44. You didnt tell me whether the over ride button is working properly or whether you found the header start to rise while pushing down on the header height switch and adjusting the relief valve to full pressure. This is the key test to whether you have flotation working and set right. You can test it to a certain degree without the header on the machine. With the rocker switch set on pressure, lower the straw elevator. When the elevator is lowered to the position where the pressure system trips in, the hydraulic system will start to hunt in that it will lower then raise over about 50mm repeatedly. The next thing to check may be the micro switch operated by the connecting rod that runs from near the top of the straw elevator into the cab. Take the seat out including the box it mounts on. In behind it you will find three micro switches. One operates the stubble height control and is adjusted by the small knob beside the seat. From what you say this one is working OK. One is non-adjustable and kicks in at the end of lift. The third trips in the pressure control when the header is two thirds of the way down. The switch is relatively small and has a lever with a small roller on the end that is tripped as a block on the control rod moves. Check this switch. If its not working properly the header compensation will not trip in. It could be a faulty switch or something as simple as rats chewing through the wire. (Rats in this area can be a real problem and I am only just finding out how to keep them out).