Combines What s up IJ

TwinRotor

I think New Holland been sitting in shadows of the other colors to long. Don't get me wroung the TR's have set standards that other combines have followed, but the TR89's and TR99's can hold there own against the new cats and deere's. Although more needs to be done to get them to compete with the new cats and deeres. I know one thing everyone is itching to see what New Holland has up it's sleeve even cat and deere want to know.

Pete

It is interesting to hear from someone who ran the other colors before and has a good comparison. I am currently looking at buying a TR86,87, or 88. After taking a close look at a TR86 yesterday I think it might be hard to repair because of the number and the layout of the drives (sometimes up to 4 or 5 pulleys on a shaft) Is my concern validIJ

NHD

No your concern is not valid. The TR combines are the easiest to repair of any. I have replaced two of the beater drive belts that you are talking about in the last10 years. Both of them broke when combining windrowed oats. It's really very easy to change belts compared to the may more bearings,walkers, etc of the conventionals. Have confidence in the simplicity of theTR combines, actually they have some 100 less moving parts.

Corn_Stalk

The first repairs on any new combine can be a little tricky I find, but the layout on the TR99 makes it easier than most to do. I have not seen the "guts" of any other Hew Hollands, but I would assume they would be pretty much the same.

scooter

I will say it is easier than it looks. I know you are talking about the belt group on the right side of the machine.It is amazing how quickly the inssdie blet canb e raplaced. Never really timed it, but less thaan an hour. The fram aound the rotor belt is the hardest ( you unbolt the frame ). Have someone expain how it is done and you do the job easier than you think. I like the combines. The only problem I have is the bubble up auger gear box running very good, very wet corn. And the shoe is a little small ( only shows up in 175 plus corn. The combinee runs so nice and smooth you can run corn over and never know it. The TR89 took care of both problems.