Combines TV140 owners please read

PB

The following is just my opinion, I don't want to start an arguement.

curly

Our 140 left this morning for updates. If they fix what they have indicated is in the update I feel that they are treating us fair. My dealer has bent over backwards to help out. Called to tell us about the update several months before the company sent out the letter. Tried to arrange for a loaner which fell apart at the last minute but he at least tried. Borrowed a neighbors 276 which really makes you realize how much they have improved the 140. Maybe you were one that just got a lemon. Your experience with your 140 kind of reminds me of my old N6 Gleaner, enough said! They kept on improving that design and now have one heck of a combine in the R Series.

BOSS_351

Have you thought for a moment that it might be a clash of personality_ego.In these sort of situations there has to be a fair bit of give and take from both parties until All the problems have been sorted to the owners satisfaction, I know we have your side of the troubles, and they seem plenty, without screaming colour war's,we had a machine that was , what we call a Friday built and we had no end of trouble with it, it took a long time for the Manufacturer's_Dealers to right the problems, but like curley and PB said in the finish our's was like all the other's , a real good machine... BOSS 351......

2rotorsrule

I guess until it loses you as much money as it has us, you will just put up with it. Our warranty is up. We weren't aware there was more than one year extended warranty, and we're not ready to pay for repairs cause they are reoccuring. Windows still break, the radio still sucks, and some friends who have had the updates says the update does nothing for power. I can't believe that just having sympathy is good enough. That is poor management when a farm continues to run machinery that is costing more than its making. They do have an excellent idea, but they need to improve on it, and the update is two years overdue. Who's going to buy a used TV140 knowing there are going to be that many problems with it. I wouldn't. Its just like right now at school. A class failed most of our Ag department. WE took 21 credits and got 6-A's 2-B's and in a class that wasn't even difficult, a D. The class was unfair and not handled correctly at all. I've gone to the Vice President and the dean, but nobody else stands up for what they believe cause as long as they passed they don't care. I guess people are too chicken to stand up for something anymore. This is dejavu to what I've just gone through in the last week here in school. I thought farmers hung together and helped each other. You guys just put up with it. Is there anyone who things New Holland hasn't done their best at helping the farmersIJ

PB

Sounds like you haven't had your updates done yet. Sounds to me like you need to sit down and have a talk with your dealer about covering the tractor as far as warranty is concerned. My TV 140 is one of the very first ones from early 1998 and other than light bulbs, oil and oil filters, I haven't spent a dime on it. This is because the dealer where I purchased it from is still repairing my problems at no cost to me. New Holland is still paying for these repairs. Maybe your dealer is sluffing off and not looking after you as they should. Don't get me wrong I am not one of those guys that will expect warranty for 10 years, and cry and whine if I don't get it. If warranty ran out tomorrow, I wouldn't complain, I have 2500+ hours on it and it is darn near 3 years old. I recently got the updates done, and I am very pleased with it.

2rotorsrule

We were told our warranty was up, and every week its a new problem. Getting rid of it would cause us to have to buy a self propelled unit to crimp with, and another loader tractor, with this, we're supposed to be able to do that, but you can't make it do a full days work without something going wrong. If you had as many problems as we have had you maybe would complain a little more too. Don't think we abuse this tractor, many times we get premiums when trading cause our equipment stays like new. I can be you we've had more problems with our 800 hours than you with 2500 cause that means you would have to had it in the shop probably 50 times and thats no exageration. Our dealer was great, we haven't spent a dime, but New Holland told our dealer that our warranty was up!

Oz

You are right on the money PB.Some people give farmers a bad name.We have a guy in our area who has owned and used his combine for 4yrs and has done nothing but winge and complain about it.The dealer and the company involved bent over backwards to help him,even sending top enginers out to help set up the machine.Still not satisfied he sued the dealer and the company and somehow maneged an out of court settlement.Funny thing is he used the machine for the full 4yrs.Now he is updating to the machine he really wanted in the first place,at very little cost.he doesn't seem to mind that his name is mud. Sounds like you (2rotorsrule)would not be happy in heaven. You know you can drive a tractor without a radio!

Booger

these bi-directionals around here have come and long gone alot of problems in versital's but a pretty handy machine. Don"t know much about the new ones. They would likely work hard maybe to hard as a 105hp tractor. I guess it depends on what you want it to do and what it can do. As for the problems I would talk to another dealer and see if they can do a better job. When trouble's arise a good dealer relationship can be worth a million.

booger

It's to bad the company wouldn't try to fix or compensate for these lemon products everyone talks when something is lemon. Even if the warranty is up or not. I had a caseih 4210 loader tractor we had plenty of different models or the past 50 yrs but this one was useless. No power,hydralics,fuel. We ended up trading on a C90 with 300hrs on it now it's twice the tractor. Most of the 4210s went back. I wish my dealer told me in the first place they were junk.So 12000 later here I am. It seems noboby cares any more they don"t want anything to do with yours they want to sell you a new one. Once bit always shy.