Combines TR capacity

2rotorsrule

yup, we did. TR98. Night before got about 1_2 inch rain. 200 acre field, hadn't even started yet. Moved in around 11 but it was too wet. Finally @ 1:30 we got going. We went for 11-11 1_2 hours in wheat, 30 ft. head, averaging around in the forties and knocked off 175 acres, one machine, and thats no lie!

Ilnewholland

last october we cut 40 acres of corn in 5 hrs. That my not sound like much but my wife ran the combine (TR-98) with 3 kids in the cab (ages 8,5 and 1) corn avg. 175 bpa ,sometime's dumping on the go when their was someone to run the grain cart. We had a 450 bu truck and 900 bu semi to haul. That day we could not get a baby sitter, the big kids had no school so I asked my wife to come combine for a few hrs and things was going so good I did not stop her till the field was done. Also a gathering chain fell off the corn head 2 times and she put it on herself! I think she can push that combine more than I do. Maybe 3 kids in the cab has something to do with it.

NHD

I have been hoping to hear someone talk about the TR's capacity. I agree with the above RE:'s. I have a yield monitor in my combine the past three years so I know what the TR-98s and now the TR-99's can do.The clean grain elevating system is the limiting factor! TR-98 maximum elevating capacity is about 2200 b_h. in corn. The TR-99 has a three-fourths inch wider elevatorso it should do about 2475 b_h. The threshing capacity of these combines is no problem, it's the cleaning and elevating that is the problem. The T-R 99 has more HP too. It is really a beast.The NH platforms w_the twin sickle drive is the only one out there that can run fast enough, especially in soybeans, to match the combine capacity. I watch my yield monitor closely for both b_h and acre_h.Don't forget that unloading on the go increases combine capacity at least 25%depending on your ground speed. The TR-99 unloads faster too.

Greg

I found a page on the new holland web site talking about a farmer doing 1500 bushels of barley per hour using TR 98s. The link is posted below.

Greg

I found a page on the new holland web site talking about a farmer doing 1500 bushels of barley per hour using TR 98s. The link is posted below.

Greg

2rotorsrule

Its kinda funny, everyone talks about Barley this, barley that. Them green guys act like its a difficult crop to harvest and keep in the combine. Growing up all I knew was Twin Rotors, and I guess I didn't notice a difference from wheat other than about 2 minutes of adjustments and the fact that its slipperier. I'm curious is it that hard for other combines such as conventionals to harvestIJ Another question, our TR96 had the universal concaves, which are a hair wider than small grains. Now, we've never harvested Barley with our TR98 cause the price went to trash, but I wonder if the universal compared to small grain combine would make it a little easier, cause according to the operators manual, thats one crop the universal is really supposed to be good in.

NHD

I'm sorry about bringing up malt barley harvesting with TR's without some back groundHere's the background:Coors has a gigantic warehouse for storing and processing their malt barley in the San luis valley of Colo. They contract maybe 30,000 acres and pay maybe double the feed barley price. Their quality standards are far above anyone else. Some years almost none of it will pass. Barley is plated in rotation w_potatoes, cabbage, carrots, or lettuce.yields are usually in the 120-170 bu. area.Coors have their own variety's. formerly 2row barley was king, like moravian (sp). It was good because they want low protein.harvesting: It is swathed in 14-16' swaths.Mostly because the straw dries unevenly makng it dificult to get the grain down to 12%moisture. TR-combine are the best machine to do that kind of harvesting because of thenarrow feederhouse and the twin rotors can handle the large volumes of straw. JD conventionals are the worst. They have tohave the concaves so close that they overthresh the barley, scuff it, and knock off most of the beards, which Coors does not want. We have built a great business out there because of the superior job the NH chopper does of pulverising the straw.Machine settings: The Universal concaves are great. However small grain concaves work alright too. We take out every other wire out of the back 1-3rd of the cocave to increase capacity. We run about 4 mph in 140 bu. barley. That's about 1400-1600 bu_hr. No other combine can stay close.We use a grain cart so two machines can doa half circle a day in good going. Problem is getting trucks unloaded. Sometimes 200 trucks maybe waiting. 6 hour waits are common.Any questionsIJ

2rotorsrule

nope, no questions. Sounds great. you say JD's aren't very good in barley, I want to know, where do they do better than a New Holland, no specific crop I bet, but somebody I know is going to say in tough conditions, which I reply to them, they haven't driven a TR98 or 99 cause they don't have that problem.