Combines TX66

• Thread starter All_colours_turned_Yellow
  • Start date

All_colours_turned_Yellow

A 1994 TX 66 was my first taste of a truly high powered high capacity combine! I worked this combine in some of the most adverse combining conditions you could steer a combine into. Big yield conditions, extreme weedy conditions, extremely muddy conditions, extreme tough conditions. This combine wouldn't stop, the tougher the conditions, the better it liked it, it appeared. The 1994 TX 66 has 270 hp. The only thing this machine is lacking is the hydraulic reverser that came out in 1997 for the cylinder drive. I have a 1997 TX 66 with less than 6oo sep hrs for sale if you are interested.

adam_l

Don't know the size of the engine. There are loads of them in this part of the world. The place I was helping on in the summer had a 2188 before and noticed a reduction in capacity. They are closer to a 2166. They are designed to shine in heavy straw and moisture crops, and they do. Most people like to bale the TX swaths. The sample will have more cracked grain than a rotor and won't run as fast in the heat of the day but will plod along all day at the same speed. The cab is no better than average. If you have to transport them they are very wide, so be carefull. Some of the electrics get a little irritable and some of the steel is not has hard wearing as it might be.

Bernard

yes, I might be interested, please reply to : bernard.mortier@tijd.com

tom_from_bavaria

weve got a TX66 4WD and a TX68 the small one has 260hp and the 68 280hp we have 50% corn and yields of around 7.5 t_ha the TX66 engine takes more fuel (10-20%) than the 68 and the engine simply needs more power. If I buy a new one I will buy a TX68 PlUS (325hp).

sebas

There's a guy in my town that they have two NH, a tx66 and a tx 68 and have a Deutz-Fahr 4075. The 4075 is similar to a tx66 and he day that the 4075 is easy to drive, better fuel efficient and has low maintenace. He said that a great combine will be a "New-Fahr".

Jum

Did you tighten the chain of STRAW ElEVATOR and grain elevatorIJ We had the same problems and mounted non ribbed Strawelevator bars. ask your dealer for it.

deetsch

We have grown a lot of high yielding AC Barrie in southern Manitoba, typically it's hard to thresh clean. We're careful to keep the cylinder speed fairly low (around 860 to 880 rpm under load),concave clearance around 5_16", and have at least the first filler plate engaged. Don't be afraid to let the rethreshers do a little work either. But here's my disclaimer: Our approach depends more on rubbing than on impact, therefore you need good rub bars and true concaves. We also use a similar approach to achieve better test weights in oats. The downside: This isn't too effective in damp straw conditions because the walker losses want to get out of hand. Having your fuel pump tweaked to the high end of the spec for both power and high idle speed doesn't hurt either.

Cowboy

Try wedging the concave for almost zero clearance at the back and run as slow a cylinder speed as possible,and I always run both plates up as I've removed a lot of the wires in that area.Sometimes the wheat is shrunk down tight in the head due to conditions.It seems you always have to have a certain amount going through the returns and probably more important is to keep the combine full.If you still think you are cracking to much go look at your neighbour's John Deere and you'll probably change your mind.