Combines JD 9600 vs NH TX66

• Thread starter All_colours_turned_Yellow
  • Start date

All_colours_turned_Yellow

In simple laymans language, the deere models 9600 9610 are nothing but "Panty weights" when compared to a New Holland TX series. The TX has more thrashing capacity, more cleaning capacity, (more than any combine on the market today 10000 sq. inches) more separating capacity, superior straw chopper, easier driving unloading system, much superior hydraulic reversing system for the feederhouse and header, far superior monitoring system for combine functions through its info view monitor, not to mention far more horsepower with an engine capable of .6 gallons per hour fuel consumption. The TX combine also has far more structural and engineering integrity built into every combine where every part of the machine is 40% heavier than is necessary. In other words one doesn't replace things like cylinder bars, feederhouse chains, walker bearings every 600hrs to a tune of $10000.00. Models after 1997 included "CYlINDER REVERSING CAPABIlITIES' right from the cab. Back in the early 90's Pami an organization equivalent to the Nebraska tractor tests, only for combines tested the 9600 Deere against a TX 36. Findings proved back then the TX outperformed the 9600 by 550 bu. per hour in both barley and wheat at 1 and 1.5% loss on both machines. The TX 36 had 240 hp. Todays Tx66 has either 270 or 275 hp. and the Tx 68 has either 300 or 325hp depending on year of manufacturing. Since switching to a TX combine 4 years ago I find myself looking at the green, red, silver combines out through my power heated rear view mirrors. Thanks for posting this question and allowing me to tell the facts as they are!!!! If by chance you are looking for a good 1997 model TX 66 with all the bells and whistles with less than 600 separator hours, I have a beauty for sale.

cutter2388

I am sure both machines are good machines they will both do the job right for you. I would steer towards the deer for several reasons. You can get into a 9600 for next to nothing the way they saturated the market. Your dealer support will probably be better with deer depending on your area. Have you ever considered getting a rotor whatever brand it may be. Other then canola I harvest a lot of barley and wheat what is windrowed. Once the windrows dry down that is when the rotories really put on a show. I have harvested canola before but we still had conventional combines back then. I guess I would go with whatever works best for you and your operation and best financial bargain and go that route. Any brand or color will work for you....... I would go price shopping

Old_Farmer

If you want to see what brand of combine tosses the most grain out the back; just have a peek and see all the ducks and geese being fed by John Deere. The TX is far superior to the green machines