Combines TR97 vs TR98

2rotorsrule

A 1680IJ You're going to try and compare a 1680 to a TR-97IJ Don't even try, there is no comparison. This last fall I operated both TR 97 and TR 98 in soybeans in similar conditions. TR 98 seemed quieter, and better on fuel. It had a little more capacity it seemed. Engagement of threshing and headers is done by switch compared to levers in the TR 97. The TR 98 has a bigger buddy seat which is nice. Make sure whatever combine you get has the updated clean grain gearbox over on the right side of the machine. There was a problem witht that. Also make sure the chain that drives that is changed over to the new. Um, other than the few conveniences and torque there's not much difference. I believe a TR 98 will go longer at night over a TR 97 but it could have just been my imagination too. Overall its hard to tell so even if there is a difference it isn't much. I hope this helps

Rotorhead

Does the TR 98_99 have alot more capacity than the 1680IJ or is just more reliable and more user friendlyIJ

cutter2388

There is nothing wrong with a 1680, it will run right along all day long with the New Hollands. The 1680 could use a few more ponies in certain crop conditions but they will generally get along fine. I know of a man who has done quite a bit of modifying to his 1680's not involving horsepower and his machines will run all day long with these newer machines. They might not be the newest fanciest ones out there but they sure will perform.

2rotorsrule

I've never run a 1680 but run next to our neighbors and they came over and asked how fast we were going. An yes, NH are very reliable.

Roster

I didn't mean to get into a color discussion with my post- my experience and history is with CIH combines. But, I believe that the red and yellow combines are very close in capacity to each other, since the horsepower across the model ranges have been almost the same. Any rotary combine capacity- no matter what color-is limited by horsepower first. I demoed a TR-98 a couple years ago; the 2188 I had at that time kept stayed right with it. My current 2388 would be similar to a TR-99, and I would expect a late model 1680 to keep up with a TR 97. Anyway, thanks for the info on the difference between the 97 and 98.

Greg

PAMI tested a TR-96 against a 1680 short sieve and the 1680 had a feedrate of 16.9 T_hr in barley and 20.7 T_hr in wheat at 3% loss. The TR-96 had a feedrate of 20.5 t_hr in barley and 24.8 t_hr in wheat at 3% loss. I assume a TR-97 has more capacity than a TR-96. Hope this helps.

Corn_Stalk

Your right, your 2388 is very similar to a TR99. We ran CIH before, demoed a TR99 and were VERY impressed with it's performance in soybeans and corn. The 2388 performed better in wheat, but we learned a few little tricks that we hope to get our TR's samples better than the Axial-Flow's. Can't wait to test the new New Holland's !!.

Charlie_Brown

Alright Mr. T_hr and % lost. let me tell you the truth

scooter

Mr. Charlie Brown What do you think you are doingIJ The purpose of these chatrooms is to exchange information. I see no reason for you to attack Greg. He was just trying to help. Your STUPID comments had no place and made no addition. I can hardly wait to see the comments you make to attack me. If you have nothing better to do that go after people you do not even know, consider seeking some professional help. I think you may need it.

header_school

scooter that is to true you are wright and charlie brown should just go away