Combines FORD 8970 BUYERS

scooter

What part of the country are tou in. This sounds pretty low. Maybe with the merge and uncertainty about the new tractors, ffarm economy, they have dropped that low. I hope for you they have not.

Tstar

Check down south and you will find a lot of Case-IH dealer with plenty of leased returned 8970s. They went out three years ago on a super lease deal. Now they are back and no one wants them. The market maybe just a little bit flooded.

tv140

$36,000 seems really cheap.I think you better hold onto it for that price. If you look on WWW.IRONSEARCH.COM, you will find 8670's thru 8970's listed for way higher prices. There is one 8970, 1995 model, listed for 100,000 CDN. So I suggest you better do some checking before you sell it. I sure hope you can get more than 36,000 for it, they are the best tractor in that category hands down!

deereslayer

that price seems a little low, but new holland did it to themselves. the give away lease program they had three years ago is part of what is causing the problem. resale on blue tractors has always been lower than any other but with the current market and all the tractors coming back to them off of three year lease, i would get rid of it and cut your losses. there is nothing wrong with the tractor but is just how the market has historically shaped up. i am sitting on a 91' 876 4x4 that has 3100 hour and new tires that i traded for three years ago and i cant get 45,000 out of it. have had offers of 35,000 but none anywhere close to what i think the tractor should be worth. best of luck, the equipment market is getting just as crazy as the farming market. have a good planting season.

the_big_green_machine

I think the used tractor market is weak in general. I was at a auction sale last week and watched a some nice clean Deeres sell pretty cheap too. A 4440 with 2700 hrs brought 16000 and the 4650 with 2900hrs brought 18000 and then there was a 8960 with triples that brought 59000 and a 8630 that brought 8500. So I don't think its just the blue ones that are suffering low resale values.

bm

Yep, New Holland did it to themselves. Deere had a bunch of those leases go out in 1997 too (to compete with NH),but they were smart enough a year ago to cut production on the new tractors (which were 8000 Ten Series that they didn't even start producing 'til December) that there wouldn't be a lot of used tractors on dealers lots so those dealers would buy back the lease return tractors to have to sell and therefore wouldn't bust the market. Smart business from the best "COMPANY" in our great profession. Another problem is that all this BIG used equipment is coming back into dealers lots (like the 8970 w_triples) and the people who are buying tractors that size are only buying new ones, and the people that are buying used tractors don't need anything that size. Plus those big farmers just don't take as good care of equipment as the little guys. At least in our area of Indiana. Can't imagine what the resale of a CAT 485 is going to be. Can't be good though. My two cents!

MEATHEAD

I JUST TRADED MY 8970 IN ON A CASE-IH MX 270 AND I WISH I COUlD AFFORD TO TRADE BOTH OF MY DEERE 8410'S IN ON TWO MORE. THE MAGNUM IS SAVING ME ABOUT $60 A DAY IN FUEl OVER THE 8410, PlUS IT PUllS AND RIDES BETTER. MY EMPlOYEES All FIGHT OVER THE MX NOW. I HAD A 97 MODEl 8970 WITH 2800 HOURS AND I ONlY COUlD GET $49,000 FOR IT AND IT WAS ClEAN.

bm

Find all that extremely hard to believe (except for price on the 8970). My 2 cents.