Combines C mon Wake up You New Holland Experts

John_W

Boy, your having a tough time getting any info. NH Don who is often here is probably wherever the custom cutters are now. I don't know diddly about a NH combine but here the address of the PAMI test of a TR96 that might be of interest to you. http:__www.agric.gov.ab.ca_esb_afmrc_sum4c5.html The other point is something a CIH service rep told me years ago. One of the biggest headaches with rotary combines is an operators experience with walker machines. So find yourself a good operator with rotary NH combine experience and forget all you know about adjusting Deere combines. Terry Welch at St. John Welding would be a good fellow to contact for starters.

johnboy

Deerebines i can't help you a huge amount as our conditions are generally a lot different to yours but if i remember correctly you have a 9600 and your dad a 860.Rotaries are a lot different to set up and the Tr's seem to like their rotors run a lot faster than the Case's, Gleaners.Also as a rule the more you can shove into a rotary the better they work. With the TR they have removable wires in the concave so if your sample is full of whiteheads just check that the wires are in. Also check that the rotor sprockets and chains (they couple the rotor to the driveline) are in good condition. We haven't done a lot of hours on our TR99 but so far it seems like a good honest combine.john

tj

John: Thanks for the good words. I emailed Rich last PM with a long and probably confusing list of things to look for on this machine. No instructions on settings, as yet, since we don't know the condition of the machine. Apparently, though, he'll have it this AM to try out. BTW--since I had the virus a few weeks ago I had to delete my mailing list, and have lost yours along with a whole bunch of others. Can you email me so I can start overIJ

scooter

I posted a reply to your questions on another website. Specs seem right. Tried to find answer about concaves coming out the side and the individual was not in- will try on Mon.. NH runs rotors faster. The smaller rotor run faster 'spins' the grain out of the crop mat with centrifugal force. the tip speed of the rotors is not really any faster than with a larger diameter running slower. This is a falacy with deere's 9000 series. They made the cylinder bigger so they could slow rpm's- but I figured out raspbar speed one day aand it is just as fast on the 9000's, thus really not much difference in damage. The 99 will handle a 30 table. If you are runnign beans, you will want lateral float. I assume a 973 model table.

TwinRotor

On the New Holland Twin Rotor combines the two smaller rotors generate more centrifical force than one big rotor. One thing I've read that similates this is, that if you drive around a curve in a vehicle that isn'very sharp at a constant speed you'll keep the vehicle under control. Drive around another curve that is very sharp at the same speed and you'll lose control of the vehicle. The sharper curve generates more centrifical force. Thats the advantage of the two smaller rotors. They thrash and seperate more of the grain right up front instead of spinning it around the rotors mulitiple times which can lead to more grain damage and lose.