Combines settings for field peas

Ilnewholland

Not sure if it would work for peas but the round bar concaves work good for soybeans here in Il. You would have little damage to the grain and increase combine capacity.

herv

we don't have TR combine in France. The main difficulties are the peas themselves: 1 - if you have some green pea when you harvest, be careful, harvest only in the middle of the day. check and clean EVERY DAY conveyor auger and elevator after harvesting 2 - If you have plenty of pea, a SUND pick up is the more efficient when peas fall on the soil. It 's an expensive solutions but itis the only one to harvest peas in bad conditions herv north of France

A

The most important thing to remember with TR combines is rotor speed. This is especially important for capacity. My general rule of thumb is run the rotors as fast as possible in any conditions and compensate with the other settings. This generally means I run the rotors around 800 upto 880 RPM in peas. Depending on the condition of the rotors, rasp bars and peas; you may run into cracking issues. I say running the rotors fast is important because TR combines truly work best when loaded up. So general rule of thumb is keep rotor speed up as high as possible, drop the concaves down nearly wide open and then slowly bring your concaves up until you start cracking too much or you have too much trash from over threshed straw. In peas, I would definitely pull every second wire. Cleaning should not be too much of a problem in peas. Again rule of thumb, is too have wind up as high as possible, about 750 to 900. Many people do not realize that chaffer and cleaning sieve play just as important or MORE important to wind than the fan does. The chaffer can really be used to deflect wind to the right places. That is through the chaffer or out the back of the combine. Another key to capacity is your returns. Ideally, you like to have a handfull of product on each paddle of the returns elevator to run at peak efficiency. Returns play an important role in capacity as they are dumped back to front of the augers. The best way to compensate for returns is your chaffer. Good luck