Combines TR99

TR

New Holland has a kit that includes extra aggitator pins on the rotor. They go on the front section of the rotor and will keep the material moving so the rotor does not beat the crap out of the green material. It will also assist in preventing matting which in turn reduces seperation. Also keep the rotor speed up to increase centrifigal force

tj

Sorry about the late response -- If you remove any of the wires in the upper portion of a universal concave section, you'll leave 1_4" openings in which stems can lodge. Suggest you fill the holes with n12 X 3_4" screws -- leaves room for the nuts to snug down and the screws can be removed for small grains for reinstallation of the wires. Hope this is some help.

Ilnewholland

I would get a TR-99 but I have always liked NH. With the TR you would get a very good stone trap and the best hyd reverser on the feeder house. If you run a corn head it was made to run the new corn heads and is 12 row ready at any time. I think it has some more capacity than a 2388 in tough soybeans and can do a very clean job. The 2388 cab is bigger than the 99's if you have more than the driver in it, but the NH cab is nice. The straw chopper on the 99 also works very good and can spred 30' wide. I think a twin rotor combine will be around for a very long time also.

NHD

TR-99 wins!!!2388 now has several NH assemblies anyway.The header-feederhouse reverser is really the industry best and now on both machines.The CIH cornheads are now NH too. They just have a different hookup because the CIH doesn't match even close.There are other NH things on CIH,but I'm not sure about them.TR-99 has more efficient engine. It uses the Genesis tractor engine which has plenty of HP.The unloading auger is my favorite even if itappears old fashioned. It is the fastest among the newer combines, less damage to thegrain because it doesn't use the vertical auger, takes much less HP to run,it doesn't require a power boost to unload on the go,and you don't need a spring loaded trap on the auger to avoid dribbling grain when you stop the unloading auger.The TR-99 has the best chopper of any. It uses serrated swinging knives and serrated sickle sections on the stationary part. Itsthe only chopper you can put NH4 on in the fall or spring without some tillage. You can no-till or strip till without worryig about pluging up or leaving residue piles.Out west in irrigated malt barley we save the farmer one or two trips over the stubble with a chopper. Saves him maybe $10 an acre and lots of time.I find the comcaves much easier to check on and change too.NH uses a shakng grain pan under the rotors too. This is like a pre-seperator by shaking the light stuff to the top of the grain mass.The auger system of the others just acts as a mixer making it harder to seperate.I like the twin-rotors too. centrifical force rather the rubbing the grain from the strawimproves grain quality too.I guess the CIH cab would be better, but i don't want to make the "salesman" seat too comfortable.

vikes

The cab on the NH is junky. It is like going back in time. The Case cab has got to be one of the best cabs.

Ilnewholland

The cab is nice on a TR-99 it is just not as big as on some other combines. I think a Gleaner has the biggest cab of any. But I would not call a NH cab junky.

NHD

I don't consider a NH cab "junky" by any definition of the word.It has adequate insulation, it has a good air seat, there is room for a small lunch cooler, the jump (salesman's) seat is adequate, controls are adequate and convenient. You can monitor and adjust most every function of the combine right from the cab, and I can seethe header ok too.I would like to see a couple of improvements1. you can't tell the what voume of retailings are coming up to be re-threshed.2. I would like to be able to adjust the sieve and chaffer drom the cab.3.The grain loss monitor does not have an audio signal to alert the operator.Some little things too.1. an electric adjusted rear view mirror.2. An automatic temp control for the cab.3. I would like a feederhouse speed indicator too.Many of the little things have been improved upon in recent years. Including the tool storage box door next to the cab, the header tilt indicator, and the electrc concave adjustor_w the in cab indicator. I would like to have a way for the corn header to stop at a pre-set level when you lower it, something similar to the flex head.

johnboy

As a big guy i find the NH cab a tad small and after being in the the cx cab i just wish it was on our TR. In our conditions cold air conditioning is a must and in this the TR is great,the cab controls could be better set out and i am not overly impressed with the huge hydro lever.Also i would love NH to make some of those grease nipples (zerks for you northerners)easier to get at.john

NHD

Your points are well taken. I think the new cabs like the one on the CX are a big improvement too! I feel quite sure the CR's will be similar.

CNHTEK

The only possible explaination for the torque sensor sheive to be out of alignment is that 1 the gearbox has failed causing the shaft to run in, which isn't the case or you would have noticed, or 2 the tapered splines on the Gearbox shaft are not seated properly holding the sheive away from the combine that little bit. as for the variator sheive, it must be set so that the header drive and shaker shoe belts are aligned to it, this is set by shimming the main shaft. the torque sensor must be set to align with the variator sheive. There is no way to adjust the torque sensor that I know of, it is set by the length of the RH gearbox input shaft, which obviously you can't change. This probably isn't any news to you, but just in case some ofit is, I hope it helps.