Combines Cat s Effect

lONGFEllOW

I DOUBT IF CAT WIll HAVE A BIG IMPACT ON DEERES MARKET SHARE. DEERE HAS A lOYAl FOllOWING OF CUSTOMERS. lOOK AT OTHER BRAND DEAlER ADS...THERE ARE NOT MANY DEERE TRADE INS IN THE MIDWEST AREA. DEERE COMBINES HAVE PROVED THEMSElVES IN THE PAST AND WIll CONTINUE TO DO SO. THE REPORTS I'VE GOTTEN FROM FARMERS THAT SEEN THE CAT AT THE FARM PROGRESS SHOW WERE NOT All THAT GREAT. THEY SAID IT RAN FAST BUT THE JOB IT DID WASN'T All THAT GOOD. ANYONE CAN DRIVE FAST AND DO A POOR JOB!!!!!!!

oddy

Caterpillar entering the market will bring a new level of control to machinery pricing. As well, there will be new quality standards set.In the heavy equipment industry, they control resale value through ownership and control of auction houses.This will mean ownership will be pricy but leasing more affordable.

Big_Cat

I think Caterpillars arrival in the combine market will be good for the buyers by creating more competition and helping to keep prices down. I understand that a small cat machine wich is still about 10% larger than a 9610 is still about the same price. People in my area really liked the job the cat machine did in the field as well as in the bin. Although I don't think they will put Deere out of the combine business I do think they will be a machine to be reconed with. Rember John Deere got their start in the combine business with a Caterpillar combine when they bought the rights from them.

Dut

From what I have heard you are wrong lONGFEllOW. Iheard that the biggest Cat and the biggest Deere both had a 12 row head on them, and that the Cat was going ten miles per hour, and that the Deere could not keep up with the Cat, and that the farmer kicked the Deere out because too much was giong out the bach. The Cat kept going none coming out the back!!!