Combines CAT COMBINES

Big_Cat

My local dealer here in Nebraska is selling machines right now.

WAYNE

IS YOUR lOCAl DEAlER IN NEBRASKA SEllING THE CAT COMBINE OR THE ClAUS MACHINEIJ

Cutter

lets get the mfg's and names correct first. AGCO has absolutely nothing to do with the Cat lexion combine. The lexion line of combines are Cat branded products and exclusively distributed through Cat dealers (mfg'd by Claas, and most certainly not AGCO). The 470 is a class 7 combine comprised of a tri-cylinder conventional type threshing and pre-separation system with forced seaparation achieved via twin 17" dia., 13.9' rotors. Achieving the highest quality combination of thresthing and separation of any combine commercially marketed.

SilverTurnedGreen

Don't feel bad about getting the name wrong (as the post below so strongly indicates)! Claas combines have been painted many different colours and have been labelled many different brand names over the past 20+ years (Ford_Claas_Massey Ferguson_Cat). Just like Deere has thier "Maximizer" and CaseIH has thier "Axial-Flow", Claas_Cat label thier high-end line of combines the "lexions".

Rockpicker

I didn't know what to label combine. Seems like they can't make up their mind on what to sell. The lexions made a big splash at the local farm shows when they were introduced but I haven't seen one at a show since then. The cat guy had a picture of a Massey painted yellow so I don't know what our local Cat dealer is selling now. I know the rotary lexions had the twin rotor behind the cylinder because the design is similar to our JD CTS II. I didn't know if the 470 had this design or not. That thing about achieving the highest quality combination of threshing and seperation of any combine commercially marketed is what JD, Gleaner, NH, and everbody else claims. I think it depends on who is sitting in the cab up front.

Cutter

Any Cat dealer who is still engaged in ag products is still selling the lexion combines and now has access to a full line of product from Agco too. lexion combines have been at every major farm show in North America since '97, in full force! They are typically the highlight of any field demo as they go virtually unmatched in any condition with competitive and often times better grain samples.

polymoss

Cat sold their combine assembly plant in Nebraska to Claas. Cat sold their Challenger factory in DeKalb Illinois to Agco. I've see the Agco "Challenger" branded products, Including the combine and track tractors. Heaven knows what Cat is doing.

ms

can someone tell me the difference between the 460,470,480. the literature tells me that the 460 and the 480 is the same machine except for the straw walkers and the rotos. will the 460 out cut the 470 are not am loking at them for customer harvest in wheat milo corn and beans thanks for any information. jpriddy698@aol.com