Combines Cat s are junk

Redman

somewhere in the ballpark of 350,000 i think but i'm not sure i havent priced any but i'm thinking about buying

Fastrac

These combines are not new combines. They are claas combines and have been used over in Europe. For $350,000 you get the class 8 rotary machine with the CEBIS monitoring system this is engine performance threshing, yield monitor the top of the line monitoring system and tracked machine. For that price you also get a 12 row 30" corn header and a 30 foot flex platform. For a big farmer he could justify this machine because it is capable of so much. I think it is a good combine but when we line it up to the others that we know its like something new it takes awhile to get used to and to know it. I hope I did not upset anyone. Thank you for your comments

M__Gorden

Ed, I share your opinions about the way the lexion combines are constructed. I view the lexion as a "stepping stone" way of Cat getting into the combine market. I am glad Caterpillar has taken this step. I am puzzled by the lexion. On one hand I am impressed with the capacity. On the other hand I dont see the quality of construction that I expect from German workmanship. I admire German engineering and quality and I just do not see it in the lexion. The lexion does not look like something Cat would design either. I look forward to the day, as I hope, when Cat will build a "Cat engineered" combine with all of the reliability and simplicity that I have come to know Cat for.

Deerebines

Isn't built as well as it could beIJ Now I've never seen one up close but I do read alot and with the pictures in the brouchere I saw and read I do have to argue this point. Several point's matter of fact. First off with two years of schooling under my belt and a few in the field of diesel mechanics I can tell you that the 60 series detroit and the cummins engine's are a hell of alot more reliable and lesser of fuel hogs than the kitty's. Next, I can't argue the driving factor as I've never even sat in the cab but a better designIJ Please explain more. I'd love to have augers on my deere that I could drop the entire bottoms out of to clean all the grain out so the mice don't get in and have a nice home all winter. Also, I find it quite handy to be able to open up the entire rear end of that machine to if nothing else look in there and see if there's anything cracking or going to hell that needs repaired in due time. Ground accessible grease zerks is nice too. I got tired of climbing up on the tire on the right side of that 9600 this harvest greasing the 50 hour zerks and not to mention the grain tank for the one u-joint.

Russ

I am most sorry to read your comments. Junk... compared to whatIJ There is NO OTHER combine built as well as the Claas_Caterpillar machine. This is in design and quality of components. It is arguably the most sophisticated combine built in the world and it has set new records worldwide for capacity. It is one of the most serviceable if you have the correct tools. I have seen these machines in corn, wheat and brewing barley. The quality of grain in the tank is equal to or better than anyone and the ground losses are better than any competitor that dares run in the same field. In short, these machines set a new benchmark in the harvesting business in North America. As with any machine, if the operator does not know his_her machine well and doesn' know how to set it for the conditions at hand, they will be dissapointed and probable either log a complaint on this web site or genuinely ask for help. If people would set aside their old family preferences for "color of paint" and look at the job to be done and the machines designed to do that job, more people would find that Caterpillar_Claas is the new performance and value leader. P. S. I am not a dealer or a salesperson, or a company man, just one who has driven every make and model built in North America in the last 20 years (and some from Europe as well). I have harvested corn, soybeans, wheat, flax, canola, edible beans, sunflowers, popcorn, grass seed, rye, barley, and milo in 18 different states.

Deerebines

Russ Email me.....We share the same feelings about the combine and you seem to be quite intelligent about it. Would like to converse with you about the ole girl and learn what I can. I'd trust someone that's ran one farther than a dealer. Deerebines

Case

We have been running case for years. We recently bought a new 2388 but looked at the 480 cat. The list price with no head was $277,000. We could of bought almost 3 cases for the price of the cat. Even the cat dealer says it's gonna be tuff to sell. He actually didn't push the cat on us either, can you believe that a salesman not pushy! It's like he said there is no way the one cat will out cut 3 cases or i would doubt 2. We thought we would give them a few years to refine them. He said they are building a plant in Omaha for the combines he thought that might help bring the price down. Other than that we like cat engines and think they make a good product, but will have to do some work on the combine and the price, Our local elevator price was $1.48 today for 12 protein ww, just do the figures on the cat combine. Pretty hard for us to justify the price, but to each his own.

riceman

Cats combine may verywell be great, but our local dealership has had no interest in trying to push them. We bought a trackhoe about a year ago and hace have very little trouble. We run an 1948 model 12 roadgrader and it runs like new. Also have a D 7 dozer from 1949. Runs well. Maybe because they last so long they reckon that we will go and buy one. I guess it is just a poor dealer. Any combine is good when its new but after that, well there junk. Can't kill a cat, though.