Combines lexion performance

combinekid

My boss bought a lexion 480 this summer and I drove it for 4 1_2 months. This machine has power, power, power, power. We had a 36ft. MacDon draper header. We were cutting some where in the range of 5600 to 6000lb milo. I had it fine tuned and was runnig 9.0 mph. NO lIE. It was hauling butt. I am use to running CASE 2388, but man this combine poured the coals on. I have driven DEERES and CASES since i was 8 yrs old. This is a far superior combine to these other brands. I don't know about their 460 combine, but there 480 is a machine to be reckoned with. I was leaving nothing on the ground behind me and it was clean as rotors clean and 9.0 mph, 36ft. header. I was covering some ground. I enjoyed my summer with the CAT lEXION 480 so much, I can't wait till next summer.

luke

we used a cat 480 in milo this summer. the milo was 5000 to 7000 lbs. we used cats 30 foot header. we could not run more than 1 mph faster than our 9610 JD's. the machine was nothing but problems. in the heavy grain we constantly had clean grain elevator belt slippage warning on the screen. the machine did not turn well had to do a lot of jacking around to get turned into the rows. to go 9 mph you would have to be in road gear isn't that kinda hard to move in road gear with a full grain tank or in soft conditions. we were totally unimpressed with the machine. i believe a 9750 sts will eat a cats lunch

u

I hope noboby minds my asking. What is miloIJ I heard a lot about it on the combine talk shows but it is not grown anywhere near our area. I know this might sound like a stupid qeustion but I appreciate your responses.

Super

To run 9mph with a 36ft head is impressive.That produces 195000lbs in 5000lbs milo an hour or 290 bushels every 5 min.Was this milo dead from roundup or freezeIJWith all the green matter its hard to seperate with any machine I've run.

Super

To run 9mph with a 36ft head is impressive.That produces 195000lbs in 5000lbs milo an hour or 290 bushels every 5 min.Was this milo dead from roundup or freezeIJWith all the green matter its hard to seperate with any machine I've run.

Deerebines

U Ever heard of sorghumIJ It's the same thing. little round berries on a head. We raise everything from red milo to white milo to a color that they call bronze. It works better in the dryland country than corn. Corn with my experience required more rainfall and when your only dealing with 23 inches a year max, usually that's not enough. Obviously we don't have any center pivots. If I remember correctly they claim that milo is only about 89% the nutrition factor of corn so a person ends up feeding more of it cattle. Most elevators sell_buy it by the hundred weight here in kansas than by the bushel.