Combines Cat buys Agco Fendt MF IJIJ

silverturnedgreen

Our neighbor of years ago is an engineer for Deere, but formerly worked for CaseIH and, before that, International Harvester, so he constantly hears tidbits of info second-hand! He was mentioning a couple of months ago that CAT is contemplating the purchase of the NewHolland Genesis facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba since some of the CAT tracked tractors are built their now. He also mentioned that CAT is considering the purchase of Case's interest in the Hesston facility, since (apparently) the Case_NH merger is conditional to it's sale. I wouldn't take this too seriously though, since this is the same person who told me that CAT had CaseIH all but already purchased. The farm equipment company ownership saga continues!

Massey_Man

I heard that rumour also but all Cat wanted to buy was the Massey and Fendt brands but didn't want anything else in the AGCO stable.AGCO without these two lines is nothing other than a nickel and dime company,but you never know.

superfarmer

Agco as a nickel and dime company I definitely disagree.I own many agco products and I have run the competition. For instance Agco-Gleaner has developed allot of the key bells and whistles that takes the other companies about 2-4 years to copy. Come on think about the past the Gleaner N series (centralized cab, electric over hydraulic, lata d , lata da Just look at a JD or IH of that same vintage and at the controls. I think there main problem is good dealers are many the dealer support. Yes you wonder why Im on the cat page ,yep Im interested.