Combines Any Combine Questions

Wilber

Did the retractable fingers all the way across the auger help out as much as people say they doIJ

CDog

The retractable fingers aid in feeding a great deal. The Cat header is a very good header. The 3D sieves also work very good. They allow the combine to harvest on up to a 20 degree side slope and still keep an even mat across the entire length of the sieves. The electric sieves, however, have nothing to do with the 3D sieve system. They allow you to adjust the sieves from the cab without having to get out. This is very convieniet because then if you see a problem in the tailings return or in the grain tank you don't have to get out. Every adjustment to the machine can be made inside the machine.

Hank

In some parts of Europe the Deere dealer are positioning the CTS at the same capacity level as the lexion 480. How is it in the USIJ Do you know anything about the capacity difference between the CTS and the Cat 470IJ

CDog

I think that the JD CTS II and a 470 are pretty close in size, but there is no way that a CTS II would keep up with a 480 in the US. A 485 is about 1-2 mph faster than a CTS II on average in most conditions and crops and will leave less on the ground and have a cleaner grain sample nearly 99 percent of the time.

ck

That is a big joke that JD dealers are saying that the CTS has the same capacity as the 480 lexion. We had a 460 lexion up against our CTS and it just blew it right out the field. There is absolutly no comparison between the two machines. The lexion 480 is even bigger and faster then the lexion 460. Claas is leading the way in harvesting technology.

riceman

The fingers on the table auger are a very good idea. As for the corn header why did they not use poly shields instead of metal . I saw one at the farm show at louisville when they first came out and I thought that the corn header was cheap made. Thats just my opinion, dont want to start no mess or nothing with you. We have a 12 grader from 1948 and still runs. You can't kill a cat.

hank

have not run a cat combine yet hopfully next year, have worked on a 12 grader tho- we farm with a 68J-D5 and a 90B-D6C nothing stays on our hills like a cat!

riceman

On our 12 grader, the pony motor doesn't run. If you leave the blade up I can pull start it with the truck and it starts everytime. I f tghe blade is left down, a tractor can pull start it. Nothing like WW2 technology still at work

Batman

We ran two 460 cats this fall, we had trouble plugging the straw walkers in barly with beards at the back especialy. is there a cure for this.