Combines 9750sts kills cats

hage2

How can you possibly justifiy that statementIJ I have never run a cat - only deeres, but from what I have heard and seen, there is no way a STS can keep up with a lexion. Cat's major problem right now is they have no dealerships near farmers. Most are concentrated in areas where construction is big - aka the city. When our deere breaks down, we have a 5 mile drive and they have darn near everything on hand. Getting parts for a cat would require a 2 hour drive each way and who knows if they would have it on handIJ I like the features and ideas that cat has, but they need to get dealers in the farm areas if they want a good market share.

ilag

We have a neighbor that has a 465 and he loves it. We are 80 miles from Peoria but the dealer puts in a crate for him with a lot of the parts that you might need in the season. Hesays he is pleased with the service and the capacity of the machine was more than he expected.

STRAWBOSS

I BElIEVE IT. HECK, I GOT AN Ol' 95 JD THAT OUT CUT 2 R-72'S.

mo_farm

If anything kills cat combines it will be the price of cat combines. Has anyone checked out cats parts and labor prices for combinesIJ Do they charge the same for working on a combine as they do for working on a dozerIJ

gunner

you sure they were set right. That does make a difference.

Hop_a_l

Wake Up!!! You must be dreaming. I have never seen a 95 outcut a R-72, let alone 2 of them. I ran a R-72 in 50 bushel wheat, through foot and half of mud at 5mph last summer and the 9600 mooped along at around 2.5mph. Ain't no way any 95 could keep up.

lITTlE_DEERE

you have got to be kidding, a sts will kill any other machine ever made. I have a 9750 with a draper on its way. Im not saying cat don't make a good machine but I've been with deere ever since the 8820 came out and I'll never buy another machine again.

COl

Maybe your too blinkered to see the engineering that goes in to a ClAAS combine, now I admit that they have faults (the paint job isn't fantastic, at least not on the old ones) but that's no reason to not give them a try. There are lots of people around here that are switching from John Deere to Claas (and from other makes as well) due mostly to the output these machines have,and also because Claas UK seem to be doing extremely competitive deals. I wouldn't like to comment about the STS as we don't have them in Britain but I have seen a CTS running next to our 208's and it was nothing startling in terms of speed. Also the Claas will work in conditions that hardly anything else will mainly due to the effect that the APS cylinder has on smoothing out the crop flow, and hopefully when we get our 460's with the Vario header it will be even better, especially when cutting short strawed crops or direct cutting Oil Seed Rape (or Canola as you call it).

ihc_afc

If I had the acrege and the money, the Cat would be the way to go. I saw it at a farm show last fall and was totally impressed. I really got jazzed up when I saw what was inside of that huge machine. It ran rings around everything in the field in corn and soybeans. The STS was the biggest joke of crap I have seen in all my life. Did a horrible job in the same fields and was dubbed the Straignt-Through-Seeder by the folks at New Holland. I will stay with a tried and true design for now and that is the Axial Flow. No other machine has a quarter century under its belt. The roumor mill has it that the new AF machines will use a multiple drum system for cleaning similar to the Cat. Hey, maybe Cat is onto something!!!! I like it but can't afford it but find it a great machine.