Combines Question for CDog

CDog

I ran a Cat 485 with a JD 9750 STS in the same field last year during corn harvest. The ground speed was similar, but the JD was losing a little more and also the grain sample was not as clean as the Cat's. I would have to say that the Cat would be a better combine in Corn, in wheat, give me a month and I will tell you all you need to know. I do think though that the JD is a good combine, but I still think the Cat is far ahead in almost every aspect.

Rooster

CDog, what part of the country do you hale fromIJ I was just curious to know what area that Deere dealer was in that allowed one of its machines into a field with a Cat. Deere was trying very hard to not allow such a demo to occur due to the potetial spanking brought on by the Cat.

col

I heard the same thing here in Scotland but this time it was New Holland who didn't want to go in the field with their TF78 against a 480.

CDog

This was in Kansas, around Garden City. I was down there last year during Milo harvestingw working with a custom harvester. The only comment I have about that is that I know and am 100% sure that the Cat machine was production. I talked to the farmers and I believe them. I cannot say that about the 9750 though. The reason for the comparison was that the farmers were totally green for a long time and then they changed to yellow. The JD dealer didn't want to lose a customer so he tried to win them back with a 9750. He failed though, the farmer had a 97 Cat 485 and he traded it this spring for a 2000 with everything on it.