Combines The Fate of the Bi Rotor Combine

COl

I read that book a while back and I assume that the company NOT mentioned was Claas as later on in the book it mentions the trials work done and that the bi-rotor was beaten by one of the other machines and I can only assume that it was a Claas 480 as no other combine would compete with that bi-rotor by the sounds of things. But then again I'm Scottish so what would I know about tough combining conditions. The track system on the bi-rotor looks interesting though doesn't it nice and simple looking and it looks as though it would be nice and maneuverable.

SilverTurnedGreen

Mark Underwood ended up selling his design, pending patents and prototype to John Deere; - the very company he set out to compete with. He didn't get rich from the sale, but my understanding is that he made a small profit over his aggregate costs of development. The "secret" second combine company was rumoured to be Claas, which would be very believable.

Spark_Plug

Can you tell me where i can find this bookIJ Sounds like some interesting reading. Can you find this at a regular book store, or do you have to order itIJ Thank you

col

I got my copy at Amazon.co.uk but if you're in the states i guess it would be Amazon.comIJIJIJIJ glad to help

col

I got my copy at Amazon.co.uk but if you're in the states i guess it would be Amazon.comIJIJIJIJ glad to help

JeffTisdale

The man that can answer all of your questions chats on this site as "FARMBUDDY" he was one of the engineers on the birotor project. He was at every trade show in the US showing the birotor. He now has a job with a major manufacture. He can tell you amazing stories about the project and tell you how to find the book

FarmBuddy

DREAM REAPER by Craig Canine is available in many bookstores.. The ISB Number is 0-226-09265-8 (Paper back version)