Combines Maxi Differance

Russ

The maxi has the OM366 lA inline 6 cylinder engine in it instead of the OM 421 v-6 engine. The horsepower is the same for both at 221 HP.

C_P

Thanks to Russ Hank and customcombiner your info has been very helpful.PS: I've bought the sl Maxi.

Russ

What part of the world did you buy this machine inIJ What header(s) did you get with itIJ Have you run it yet and if so in what cropsIJ

adam

In Hungary two ClAAS models are used the Dominator like 108 sl Maxi, and the Mega series (204, 208, 218). They are walker combines, the Mega has the APS system, like the lexions. I think the Dominator and the Mega models also use the same headers, the widths are 5,10_6,00_6,60_ and 7,50 metres. The 6,00 is the Widest for the 204. Auto Contour is serial for the 218 and optional for the 204 and 208. In the 80's the Dominator 106 and the 105 were most popular ones, the graintank of the 106 was bigger than the Mega 204 (6200 l)

C_P

G'Day Russ, I'm in Australia in the state of Victoria, my nearest big town is Shepparton. I bought the mechine in south Australia wich is about 450km away. The 108 maxi came with a 9m(30ft) open front. Here in Aus a "header" is what we call the main part of a combine harvester, and the "front" is the cutter bar. I have not used the mechine yet, as our harvest here starts in November. So far I am happy with it, as I have had a good look over it now that it is home. (the wife says I'm like a child with a new toy). I have 700ha of crop here, Canola, Wheat, Barley, Triticale, feild peas. The combine cost $60,000. Australian. Its done 2800 hours. Please tell me about your situation. See ya later, C.P.

Russ

Thanks for the reply from "Down Under". I live in Colorado, USA and bought a used Claas 108Sl Maxi with 1200 engine hours and 978 separator hours. I receved an 8 row 30" corn head with auto-steering and an S750 Flex head with the Auto Contour control. The machine was always stored inside so is in good condition. I have converted the Corn_Bean concaves to small grain and harvested some wheat with it this month. I'll be harvesting Milo (grain sorghum) this early fall and then back to corn. It seems that I have been spending a lot of time doing tune-up and clean-up work on the machine to get it into the shape that I want it in, but it will be a top performer when I'm done!

Russ

G'Day to you sir. I purchased a used Claas 108Sl Maxi this early summer for use in the Custom Harvsting of wheat, milo and corn. The machine came out of the Midwestern state of Indiana and is now primarily used in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Colorado. The machine was in the best condition of any I could find, but still needed some work to bring it back to a like new condition. My wife is like yours' in the fact that she says I have a new toy. I puchased the combine with a 7.5m flex-cutterbar for soybeans and an 875 cornhead. The machine is equipped with Auto-steering for corn, Three-D sieves, Intensive Seperation above the walkers, Auto-Contour and Automatic Header Heigth control, Field-work Computer, A Chaff-spreader, and a Straw-Chopper. I am in the process of adding an AcuGrain Monitor to count acres and bushels and a Woodward Harvstmor to keep it running a full capacity all of the time.