Combines Cat tank extension

Plowboy

We are running a bin extension on our 485 and are pleased with it. Tank capacity is about 350-360 bu. with the extension. Your local CAT dealer should be able to get you one.

EAM

Plowboy...I talked with my dealer and they told me CAT was working with another company to build an extension that would slide cab to rear in order to be able to open the top of the cab, but has since abandoned the idea. He told me I would need to look in to an aftermarket extension, and recomended a Maurer. Is that what you haveIJ Thanks.

col

What about the standard tank we have in Europe 460 holds over 9000l and 480 over 10000. This is factory fit and opens electrically and lets cab roof open.

mac

I have seen some of these units in use. Cat put several "prototype" optional extensions on a few select combines last year. They wanted to see how people reacted to them. They do in fact slide back over the cab and lock into place. They hold about 340 bu. The only drawback is you don't have the convience of the electric folds on the standard version 280 bu. version.

Batman

can someone email me some pictures of the cat graintank extentions or let me know were to find some info.

EAM

I just got my tank extension from Maurer. Got to try it out at the end of harvest. Worked really well so far. It does not have the slide unit like the one CAT played with, but is still easy enough to get to the cab. In fact sounds like Maurer actually made those extensions for CAT. If you want some info on the extensions I would contact your dealer or Maurer. I think they have a web site also.