Combines How good

harvester

Here in the UK we a 480 lexion new this season to cut 800ha of wheat barley oats and oilseed rape.The work rate of this machine has been very good ,in 10t_ha wheat crop we ran a 50t_hr at 7-7.5km_hr 14% 76kg_hl.The vario table has been very impressive in oilseed rape we had hardley any losses from the table and along with the unispreader they make the job so easy.

grouch

We were running a 2388 till this fall. We liked the combine but a dispute with the dealer had us looking at a Cat 470 or a Deere 9750 STS to replace it. We ended up purchasing the Cat because of a cheaper price and we also felt the Deere would go through some growing pains in it's first year.

col

lexions are performing very well, we run 2 460's they will manage up to 40t_hr in good conditions in wheat, but as harvester says the biggest limitation is the 3D system, we grow a lot of 6 row barley that puts a lot of stuff onto the sieve which is what limits us in that crop and as soon as you get onto a side slope the monitor goes off the scale. We did have a CTS in with Hillmaster on and it was the dogs dangly bits, fantastic when cutiing across slopes the 460's couldn't even climb. (the hillmaster was at it's maximum and then some). By the way harvester if you're Martin Smart e-mail me please as my computer broke down again and I have lost all of my e-mail adresses. Oh and by the way you should have waited and bought a CTS Hillmaster!!!

BATMAN

Alberta Canada, We ran two 460 cat combines with 36 foot honeybee headers this fall and for the most part they are a great combine. We put about 250 hrs. on each machine. The engine fan belt idler bearing failed on both combines about mid season, and parts were scarce at the time but the local J.D. shop hapened to have a bearing that fit.