Combines Most hours on a lexion

TwinRotor

I hope you meant lEXION combines. They didn't put that name on the side for nothing since thats who builds them. All Cat has do with it is that there engines are in them. But you gatta give Cat credit for getting these machines in the US.

DDT

I confused by your comments, lexion in the series name, these combine have Cat serial numbers on them. I'm told that Claas and Cat have an agreement for current production. North American built production should start in 2002. Back to the orginal question, we have a Cat 480 with 700 sep hours. It has yet to have down time due to machine failure, (we had one flat tire). We are quite please with the unit so far.

TwinRotor

Do these combines seam to be selling very well with the farm economy the way it is. Or are they just sitting on the lots.

Rooster

You will not find a Cat dealer with more than one combine of its own, all are primarily trade-ins. the Cat combines appear to be selling very well as most dealers can not keep themon their lots due to their performance_capacity (especially when faced with tough, adverse conditions). I would have to say that, given the economy, if Cat combines are selling as well as they are now, just think what they will be like if_when the economy rebounds. I personally think that John Deere is very concerned about the potential of these new combines.

farm_boy

The lexions are going over very well. I was talking to a salesman for the cat dealer and he said that they cant keep the lexions on the lot. The hardest thing is to get rid of all the deeres and Cases that they get traded in cause there is 20 of them on everybodys lot. I think that when this farm economy turns around there will be a whole lotta Cats running.