Combines who will buy used 480 or 9750

Farm_Pro

I have 2 John Deere 9750's and I bought them new, I traded a 9500 and 9610 Maximizer in for them. Your right when its time again for a new combine or 2 I will just buy new.

jp

Very true. For the past several years equipment manufacturers have been blaming the slow used equipment sales on the economy. Sure that is part of it, but there is also a whole lot of equipment on those lots that is just too big for most of the farms out there. We buy used most of the time, but we have to look hard to find what we want. A 16-row planter or 8 row head just won't work on our farm. Same with a huge 4wd or 45' field cultivator. Currently we are looking for a good used CIH 2166. We could get a 2188 easily, but it is too big for our heads and ground. look at Deere, they have a huge glut of 9600s out there that most likely will never go away the way they keep building more combines. The companies need to wake up and build combines that are practical for this country. The way that Cat, Deere, and soon NH keep building bigger and bigger combines just for bragging rights makes no sense. 95% of the elevators cannot handle the increased amount of grain these combines are harvesting in such a short amount of time. A guy almost needs two grain carts and several semis to keep up with just one combine. Where are the efficiency savings when you have to hire more help to keep up with you, then pay it to sit in line and dumpIJ Sorry for the ramble.