Combines Cat Service Parts

JFarms

Just for the record, putting hopper extensions on a Case combine does not void the warranty. We got six 2388's all with Maurer hopper ext and never had a problem collecting warranty on any of them. JFarms

Mike

Our local Case IH dealer said they would not honor warranty on final drives, any grain tank loading or unloading components if any hopper extensions were added. They would honor anythin else not affected by the extensions. Not sure where the confusion really lies. Too late for us anyway.

Rooster

Mike, Unfortunately, you experienced glitch in the system. It is obvious from your information, regarding the knowledge of this particular service technican and the ride he showed up in, that he is not a field technician but, rather, a shop technician and probably not trained in combine mechanics. However, regarding the requirments for him not to be working outside below 50 degrees F purely illustrates his laziness and requirment for the resources to make it all "too easy," as well as he was lying to you. Do not expect this type of performance from the majority of Cat service technicians, as most shop technicians remain in the shop, very willing to work. All Cat field technicians typically brave the elements, not desirable by most, and are will to go the extra mile to make things right, no matter the environmental conditions.

Dakota

We had bad experiences with CAT service, too. They don't even have a harvest support crew. And we dealed directly with the factory in Omaha, since our local CAT dealer doesn't even talk to us. Don't worry about putting a bin extension on a CASE. I know quite a few custom cutters running bin extensions on their red machines. And they also tell me that CASE has the best harvest support of all manufacturers. We're trying to switch, too.

Uman

Mike, If you don't mind me asking, where is your dealer located atIJ Uman

Harvest99

The service we have had on our two 460's the past two years has been excellent . The only problem has been when we have been outside the dealers area . This fall the dealer did repairs on warrenty even in Utah .

eagle1

Service form Michigan Cat has been excellant. They have been willing to come out when ever and do what ever it took to get us back up and running. We have had some problems with them not knowing what was what though they did send a couple of service techs to combine school. The main problem is we bought the third combine in Michigan (the tech guys don't get much practice). On the other hand I don't intend to have any $88 per hour service calls after the warranty runs out. With the exception of the computer I have not seen anything that looked to difficult to repair. I do have a problem whith the parts manual. The way it is organised is not very intuitive. Anyone who puts the straw walker overload (plugged) wanrning switch in with the tail lighst should be . . . . Parts delivery has been just short of outstanding. Usualy we have the part the next morning.