Combines Cat owners will you ever

harvester

As long as they have the build quality that the old tx had i dont think they will have much trouble selling them.I like my 480 but i just wish it was yellow instead of that horrible green.

Vikes

I would never own a NH. They are the most unreliable combine on the market. I also think that by the time the NH and Case combine come out, that Cat will have an answer.

Ilnewholland

I have not had any break downs for the last 3 years with my new holland. I did not have to spend any $ at all on any kind of repair! So how can a NEW HOllAND be so unreliableIJ

2rotorsrule

Ya, we never break down. 8 years among two different combines have only had 2 break downs. A total of only a few hours has been lost in 8 years. How can you say their not reliable. Case is the unreliable combine, maybe Grand Island can put quality into a Case now. Don't tell me you've never heard of a auger snapping off a Case. Or a wheel falling off, or an axle breaking, or a cross auger snapping in half, not to mention their the noisiest thing in the world. And don't think you cat guys are off the hook. I'd put a TR-98 OR 99 against a Cat anyday. New Holland will stay with it all day, and when you break down try fixing it yourself, I guarantee you'll be down a day minimum. Overall, New Holland is the obvious answer!

Vikes

TR do perform well, but they are not as versatile, by the way, why are you trying to talk up a NH so much on a Cat site, do you work for NH or somethingIJ

harvester

What planet do you come from. I have ran newholland combines for the last 12 seasons and have very good service from them, and found them to be very reliable.At least with a newholland at the end of 6 seasons it was still worth good money.

Redpower

Funny, I used to run Axial~Flows and never had a major problem with any of my 2100, or 2300 series. I now run CAT, and never had a major problem with either of them. Now, I have a question for you die-hard New Holland guys. If the TX's and TR's are as good as you say they are, then why aren't there any custom harvestors running them IJ. When I look around I see teams of Axial~Flows, CAT's, Deere's, and Gleaners, but no New Holland. I realize there is the odd guy who owns one and cuts for other local farmers, but if they can keep up to a CAT, and destroy CIH, Deere, and Gleaner, why aren't more being used IJ. Just curious......

SilverTurnedGreen

I asked that same question to Altendorfs, who run 22 9750's and a couple of TX68's! They said the biggest complaint they had with New Holland was that they (New Holland) didn't seem to have as strong of a dealer network than the other colours. There are "geographical pockets" with few if any "combine" dealers!

mx270

i have run all brands it don't matter they all have pros and cons

cutter2388

Well buddy I beg to differ but our case combines are very reliable, all combines have problems bearings, belts etc. If you have only had two breakdowns in 8 years you must only be putting 20-30 hrs on in a year. I have a friend who runs tr-98s and i seem to recall he was having a little hydrostat trouble this last summer and also was having dealer trouble on getting the new pump here. like I say all machines have problems some lmore then others. And I am pretty sure the cats will out do the tr98 and 99's wich they should since they are a bigger class machine and I know the r-72s will out do your new hollands and my case combines because we have all been in the field together at the same time. I am not affraid to say another brand will out perform my machines because I know some of them will. I run red because that is what my family always has run and have had very good luck with them. All the acre eaters who talk how their machine will out do anything are the same ones who leave a lot on the ground, I do what I can do in a days time and give the farmer a very quality job and then I am back in the field for him year after year. I have never had any of the things you mentioned about a case ever happen to any of my machines. And the case cab is so much more stylish and comfortable then the New Holland. I guarantee that New Holland has way more moving parts then the case does. Any what it boils down to is all brands are good some better then others in certain crops and conditions, depending on how big of a machine a person needs, what your color preference is what your money budget is, whether you have to keep up with the jones' or not. So run what ever combine you want make it serve your needs and who cares what the rest of the people say or think.....