Combines Will there be any new challenger tractors coming out

GUMBAllGRAIN

IF YOU ARE TAlKING ABOUT THE SMAll CAllENGERS THE ANSWER IS PROBlY NOT AND YES PROBlY NOT MEANING CAT IS HAPPY WITH THE TRACTORS THE WAY THEY ARE BUT IF THEY ARE PlANING TO MAKE NEW CHAllENGERS THEY PROBlY WOUlDNT TEll ANYONE. THE ANSWER TO THE SECOUND QUESTION IS YES THE SMAll CHAllENGERS SHARE THE SAME HOOD,CAB, AND TRANSMISION WITH THE NEW HOllAND GENISIS THE TRACTORS ARE EVIN MADE IN THE SAME BUIlDING. FUNNY THING IS THE TRANSMISIONS ARE MADE BY A COMPANY CAllED FUNK WITCH IS OWNED BY ANOTHER lITlE COMPANY CAllED JOHN DEERE.

Vikes

The New Hollands and Cats are not made in the same building, they do not have the same hood and the cab is made by a third party and there is no new tractor as far as I know.

deereslayer

watch at husker harvest days, the gen III row crop is supposed to be unveiled there. suppose to have completely new cab, electro hydraulics and better creature comforts, more row crop clearance, suspension undercarraige, higher road speed, and up to 300 hp to go down the row dont know if they will stay with the funk transmission or not. will finally have a decent hydraulic system, cat makes some of the most impressive hydraulic systems in the world, will be exciting to see how they work the new tractors.

catmechanic

yes there is a new gen III tractor coming out. The first row crop challengers were made by the ford people(genesis). thet were built in canada and had ford cabs,electronics, and funk transmission(john deere). they have cat engines. The next generation after that were built in dekalb by cat but were still the basic machine. these will have seriel numbers with threeletters followed by the numbers-like aen00000. the next generation(genIII) will probly be all cat as far as electronic go. As far as the rest ,time will tell.

2rotorsrule

Well, here in Wahpeton ND, I'm attending school for Farm Management. Anyway, before christmas I was having some calendars made for gifts, and the woman in the copy center asked if the picture of the Cat was ours. She said they owned 4! I asked what numbers, and said 3-95E's and the other one doesn't have a number yet. I said a PrototypeIJ She said yes, but she didn't know much else except her husband and hired men really like it. She said Cat is out all the time doing surveys. I haven't seen any pictures, but I'm guessing there's a new one comming soon.

scooter

And another funny thing- all the tooling and patents are owned by another small company-Case- New Holland. Deere basically owns an empty plant.

Brian

Our Cat dealer stopped by the other day. Yes, the new row crops will be introduced in the early fall at shows like Clay County Fair, Spencer IA, Husker Harvest etc New ones are all cat. Cat powershifts and different engines. Sounds like they are going to put lots of electronics in them too. For example, incorporate cebis into the tractors. Certainly will be moving in the direction of site specific ag. Cabs have been built by Crenlo in Rochester, MN. Crenlo makes the Deere cabs too.