Combines cat threshing

Rooster

The key to a hybrid threshing_separation (tangential_axial) system, in the lexion, is its ability to adjust the threshing and separation systems independently, which is ideal and critical for matching crop conditions. Up to 30% of the easier threshing material (typically the driest crop, which has the greatest potential for mechanical damage when exposed to the threshing cylinder) will be threshed at the APS cylinder, resulting in reduced load on the concave and ultimately increased through-put, no matter the yield or conditions. In the same respect, the APS cylinder also acts as a lateral distributor, providing a smooth and even swath of crop through the threshing system. Thus, NO concentrated wear on the concave or rasp bars, which equate to longer lasting components. Because you can adjust the rotor speed independently from the threshing system, the amount of threshing at the rotors is variable. The twin rotors are primarily for forced separation (spiral fish-backs over the full length, 13.9', of the rotors, no bars, thus, no rubbing...pure centrifugal force). However, the transition area from threshing to separation and even further into the rotors will result in the threshing of harvested crop, if the systems are set accordingly. For example, in a value added situation (food grade crops, say white corn),increasing the overall concave gap by 15-20%, slow down the threshing cylinder by 30% (will conserve power) and speed the rotors up from 500 to 640 rpm and you will be able to achieve full length threshing. Now, these settings are always subject to change based upon harvest_field conditions. But, be advised of the advantages that the APS cylinder have when negotiating tough to harvest crops. You will not have the "ROMP" sound in the lexion that other conventional combines have and you will have twin rotors for forced separation. Supporting threshing over the full length of the machine is the prep floor instead of the bed of augers under the threshing system. Separation essentially starts here where the pre-threshed grain is stratified from the MOG (material other than grain). The capacity is amazing from these machines. It is possible to more with a smaller machine when considering a smaller lexion rotor compared to a larger competitive machine. The 480 and 485 are the largest production combines anywhere on the market and the avg. sized 470 and 475 will give any 9750STS, TR-99 and R-62 (possibly R-72) an run for their money. You can do more with these machines and sometimes more with less and do it efficiently. The fuel economy will absolutely amaze you as this has been one of Cat's big selling features, efficient and economical motors. When was the last time you heard a competitive combine mfg._dealer speak of economical enginesIJ They don't because they realize you have a perishable crop to get out and you will pay what ever it takes to get it out. With Cat you do get the economy!

BOSS_351

9750sts. Cat has put the gag on me as to all the comments about their 470. I had to get my earlier truthful comments erased of this Forum. So if you want to Email me, I will be glad to tell you the facts about the little 470 that I did operate. But the expert that should answer you is Catlover.

Vikes

Cat has nothing to do with this sight do theyIJ I think you just were saying some things that were unfriendly to Cat owners.

BOSS_351

Vikes . Thats right Cat have nothing to do with this sight, the posts were removed by the host on a request, by me, the reasons being that the posts were (truthful)as we found (me)the 470 in its performance, and Cat said that speaking out to the negative was in contravention of the rent_demo contract......SOOOOOOOO there you can all have it again. And by the way all the mail that came in the last day, there seems that there are a lot more people interested in Cat than post on these teriffic Forums that Marvin provides. Thanks Marvin again. Best of harvesting BOSS 351

farm_boy

all the threshing is done at the aps and @30% of the seperation is done in thw aps