Combines Grain Cart thoughts

Farm_Kid

kp, If you are using trucks parked by the side of the field, you simply MUST get a large grain cart. By large, I would say 1000 bu so that you can dump both combines loaded, plus the extra you cut while they dump, plus a little extra since you can't get the cart clear full on the move. Even in the low yielding crops, I would think 2 machines and a cart could keep up with 3 machines running to the side of the field to dump. Of course, you have to have a tractor and operator available for the cart, but thats cheaper and easier to get than a 3rd machine!

statboy44

GO FOR IT! They come in handy so many times, its not even funny. look for a 1,000 bushel size that would do you well. We run a Kinze 840, never had a problem with Kinze.

skinnyfarmer

If you can afford one get one. We run a 9600, a big International truck and a 575 bushel grain cart. In the past we have tried using another truck and no grain cart but we can get a lOT more cut in a day using one truck and unloading on the go with a grain cart. We don't own a Kinze but we have rented them before and I would strongly suggest buying one. They are really the best carts on the market and they unload super fast.

GOGREEN

With an operation as large as yours, there is only one thing I can say....BRENT AVAlANCHE. This is the most unbelievable grain handler out there. It has a 20" unload tube that will get rid of grain like nothing else. Kinze has a 17" tube and is a great cart, but it can't hang with the Brent.E-mail me and I'll fix you up with which ever one you want.

westgro

Have Tr 98 and am thinking about switching to a 470. Was wondering what you had before and how the 470 compared. I have had my problems with picking up rocks even with an electric stone trap.We farm in southwest manitoba.

kp

Had a gleaner r72 combine. Not really happy with it - in our conditions we had huge canola swaths trying to go through a small feeder house -- doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out we are going to have problems. First yr with these puppies, and I hope they work out alright, although we have roughly half the crop we had last yr to put through.