Combines pluged radiator

Ilnewholland

I had a raccoon go through the fan on my TR-96 also. It bent the fan blades a little and about 100 hrs later one blade broke off. lucky no radiator damage just a cut hose. Had to wait 4 days for a new fan to get here because it broke on friday at 6 pm. If fan blades look bent I would change it now. Good day.

catmechanic

We havent had any fan failures due to wildlife but I have heard that the radiators are difficult to clean without taking them half apart.I have not had to work on any of the radiators yet so I cant say for sure .

eagle1

You do not need to check the fan blades. The Cat 465 uses plastic fan blades mounted in an aluminium hub. A little over $400. The racoon completely destroyed both himself and the fan. As for down time: We did this in the middle of July after wheat harvest so we ordered the fan the cheapest way available (stock order). On other parts the longest we have waited was for an spacer that was backordered to Germany. Michigan Cat took the part off of a new machine and gave it to us a day after we ordered it. In fact they have gotten parts for us on the weekend when we were in a bind.